Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 09:39 PM   #2791 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Considering in the US the average per day is around one thousand people

idk this sounds like an argument in my favor
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #2792 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Considering in the US the average per day is around one thousand people

idk this sounds like an argument in my favor
Prove it.

Edit: Also consider how many more illegal immigrants are thought to be in the US compared to Canada.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #2793 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,897
Default

U.S. deportations of immigrants reach record high in 2013 | Pew Research Center
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:45 PM   #2794 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,897
Default

438,421 in one year under Obama

do the math
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #2795 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,136
Default

Why would you think it's harder to illegally cross the border in one direction than the other Lucem? That makes no sense.

__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:53 PM   #2796 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post

Edit: Also consider how many more illegal immigrants are thought to be in the US compared to Canada.
looks like a backpedal to me

Yes there is astronomically higher levels of immigration into the US

nonetheless, historically, Canada has been actually notoriously open to immigration

whether or not that's going to change in the near future I can not say
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
I've got a woman mean as she can be
sometimes I think, she's almost as mean as me
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:55 PM   #2797 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,627
Default

So Canada estimates about 120,000 illegals in their country at most and deports about 35 a day.

The US is estimated to have 12 million illegals in their country and deports about 1,200 a day.

Who is deporting a larger fraction?
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #2798 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

it needs to. i dont have the stats on hand but canadian families arent producing enough children to keep our population consistent. but yeah idk there's definitely a movement within the conservative party to halt immigration, clearly they didnt get the memo or something.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:58 PM   #2799 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Why would you think it's harder to illegally cross the border in one direction than the other Lucem? That makes no sense.

One could have stricter and more efficient border control. Also, from what I understand, a lot of illegals run in to suburbs in Canada.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:01 PM   #2800 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
looks like a backpedal to me

Yes there is astronomically higher levels of immigration into the US

nonetheless, historically, Canada has been actually notoriously open to immigration

whether or not that's going to change in the near future I can not say
And the facts show it's harder to get into Canada than the US.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.