Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 10:49 PM   #2831 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
So it's racist when Donald Trump does it, but not when Obama signed a bill that spent $600 million to reinforce the border?
It's not that he wanted to do it that makes him racist. It's the context he gave that made him racist. The idea is not racist, but the motives for the idea were.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:49 PM   #2832 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Yeah, pay attention, get on my level.
Anyway the reason the US doesn't deport more is because it's already expensive as all hell to track down and deport over 1k people a day

35 people must be a breeze and Canada could certainly deport more, but I doubt they actually give a ****

the expense and lack of caring is why it's easy to cross the border into Canada, there are miles upon miles of empty unguarded space just like with the US Southern Border
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Bernie 2020
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:50 PM   #2833 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Some of them are just stupid.
Most definitely. I've noted this before, I have a 30 year old nephew back east who told me he'd pay for two walls just to keep his family safe. I asked him why he was so afraid living 3,000 miles from Mexico when I've spent the last 20 years living less than 3 miles from Mexico and have not once been scared. He has yet to reply.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #2834 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
So it's racist when Donald Trump does it, but not when Obama signed a bill that spent $600 million to reinforce the border?

My argument was addressing the question: is the policy racist? Not, is Donald Trump racist?
I really think you're missing the forest for the trees on this one. Trump didn't campaign on reinforcing borders. He campaigned on THE WALL.

You remember the rallies, right?

Trump: What are we going to do?
Crowd: BUILD A WALL!!!!!
Trump: And who's going to pay for it?
Crowd: MEXICO!!!!!!
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #2835 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Anyway the reason the US doesn't deport more is because it's already expensive as all hell to track down and deport over 1k people a day

35 people must be a breeze and Canada could certainly deport more, but I doubt they actually give a ****
Cause they don't have massive amounts of illegal immigrants. Estimated. In 2003 I guess. It's such not a problem that they don't even keep track. Probably because it's harder to do it there.

It'd be much less expensive to, I don't know, prevent them from coming in. Right?
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:53 PM   #2836 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,957
Default

Draft dodgers used to just take a small boat and cross into Canada

There are stories of immigration officers waving to them too far down the line to be bothered to go after them
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Bernie 2020
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #2837 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post

It'd be much less expensive to, I don't know, prevent them from coming in. Right?
actually definitively no.

This is why I post a map

I really don't think you understand distance
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Bernie 2020
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #2838 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
I really think you're missing the forest for the trees on this one. Trump didn't campaign on reinforcing borders. He campaigned on THE WALL.

You remember the rallies, right?

Trump: What are we going to do?
Crowd: BUILD A WALL!!!!!
Trump: And who's going to pay for it?
Crowd: MEXICO!!!!!!
Just because racists support the policy doesn't mean the policy is racist.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:58 PM   #2839 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
actually definitively no.

This is why I post a map

I really don't think you understand distance
You know how many jobs it could create to strengthen border control? Not necessarily a stupid wall, but just stronger border control?
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:58 PM   #2840 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Just because racists support the policy doesn't mean the policy is racist.
Putting the cart in front of the horse, eh?
Chula Vista is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.