Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Lucem Ferre 02-15-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1806071)
Putting racism aside for a bit....wouldn't whatever race happens to be the majority in a given state or even the whole U.S. eventually become racist or nationalistic toward anyone but themselves? White, black, Latino, etc. That's been true of most cultures throughout the world anyway.

Social evolution isn't impossible. Creating excuses to tolerate it ins't great either.

elphenor 02-15-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1806074)
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Did Trump talk about economic burdens? No. He talked about drugs, rapists, criminals, and "bad hombres". He wasn't talking about economic issues during his rallies, he was talking about fear and bias. The wall was a symbol from day one, not an actual solution to anything. Again, a totem.

yes this

and even in the case of "economic issues" it's the kind of thing you only end up believing if you go in with a bias against Mexicans because economic consensus is that they have very little economic effect at all

And as I demonstrated earlier at the point that they would, they stop immigrating anyway

Lucem Ferre 02-15-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1806076)
Seriously, I'm pretty confident you're not an idiot, but the way you have conducted yourself in this thread really makes it seem like you're just here to stir the pot. Multiple people have pointed this out, you're quickly becoming "that guy".

Who? Me or him? With me? Yeah, kinda. I get annoyed when people don't use facts and would rather just call **** racist or condescend or you seen the ****. So I challenge them. I haven't seen anybody call me out on it though.

Chula Vista 02-15-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1806071)
Putting racism aside for a bit....wouldn't whatever race happens to be the majority in a given state or even the whole U.S. eventually become racist or nationalistic toward anyone but themselves?

The US is a melting pot though. When you talk about race are you talking about simply skin color? 95% of this country doesn't have roots on US soil that date back more than a few generations. So what race are you talking about?

DwnWthVwls 02-15-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1806071)
Putting racism aside for a bit....wouldn't whatever race happens to be the majority in a given state or even the whole U.S. eventually become racist or nationalistic toward anyone but themselves? White, black, Latino, etc. That's been true of most cultures throughout the world anyway.

No? I think every generation has become increasingly accepting and less racist.

I like how you put racism aside and then addressed another topic about racism though :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1806079)
Who? Me or him? With me? Yeah, kinda. I get annoyed when people don't use facts and would rather just call **** racist or condescend or you seen the ****. So I challenge them. I haven't seen anybody call me out on it though.

no, elph. no one cares about your juggalo ass.

Frownland 02-15-2017 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1806040)
Link? Cause if it's anything like that 97% scientist consensus on global warming it's bull****. Because they have NEVER officially polled scientists. I mean, yeah, you'll have a hard time finding a climate scientist or meteorologist that doesn't believe that climate change is a man made threat, but that consensus number is bull****.

How's about some meta analysis?

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10...8/2/024024/pdf

Lucem Ferre 02-15-2017 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1806081)
No? I think every generation has become increasingly accepting and less racist.

I like how you put racism aside and then addressed another topic about racism though :D



no, elph. no one cares about your juggalo ass.

But I washed my ass, so you're wrong about it.

elphenor 02-15-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1806076)
Seriously, I'm pretty confident you're not an idiot, but the way you have conducted yourself in this thread really makes it seem like you're just here to stir the pot. Multiple people have pointed this out, you're quickly becoming "that guy".

if by stir the pot you mean point out when people say something ridiculous

I reckon in a lot of places you can go around repeating blatantly false things regarding politics and economics because everybody else has no idea what they're talking about either though

Anteater 02-15-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1806080)
The US is a melting pot though. When you talk about race are you talking about simply skin color? 95% of this country doesn't have roots on US soil that date back more than a few generations. So what race are you talking about?

It's something I've seen brought up before in a few think pieces related to Black Lives Matter (among others). The argument being that even though the U.S. is a melting pot, no matter which "culture" reigns it will inevitably be racist to some degree if they achieve any kind of longstanding majority.

I don't know if social evolution is truly possible with the way things are, but I think there's some merit to the analysis. Acknowledging racism as a problem all people share instead of just whoever the perceived majority is would be a start to fixing it. That won't happen under a Trump administration here of course...

It was also mentioned that you have some people screaming about white privilege, for instance, but there are many "non-racist" whites who feel as though there are places they are not welcome because they are white.

DwnWthVwls 02-15-2017 11:50 PM

No, by stir the pot I mean you come off as a condescending jerk off with a holier than thou attitude towards everyone who doesn't agree with you. No grammar, pointless ad hominem attacks, no evidence to support your claims, no attempts to actually educate anyone civilly.. the list goes on and on. You're not interested in having a discussion, you're interested in being intellectually superior and half the time you don't even support what you say with examples or evidence or any sort of explanation. I'm the first one to admit when I'm naive to a subject or say I'm wrong, you're honestly the only person who I find it difficult to have a civilized discussion with in this thread because you act like a child, which is why I deliberately ignored you before when I was having a nice debate with Frown.

I'm here to learn from others and open up my mind by considering things I may have never thought of otherwise. I also hope that in some instances I can do the same for others.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:44 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.