Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2017, 10:50 PM   #2871 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
And I learned something today from this boring ass paper.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:55 PM   #2872 (permalink)
Ze Richest Man In Babylon
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 5,604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
No by stir the pot, I mean you come off as a condescending jerk off with a holier than thou attitude towards everyone who doesn't agree with you. No grammar, pointless ad hominem attacks, no evidence to support your claims, no attempts to actually educate anyone civilly.. the list goes on and on. You're not interested in having a discussion, you're interested in being intellectually superior and half the time you don't even support what you say with examples or evidence or any sort of explanation. I'm the first one to admit when I'm naive to a subject or say I'm wrong, you're honestly the only person who I find it difficult to have a civilized discussion with in this thread because you act like a child, which is why I deliberately ignored you before when I was having a nice debate with Frown.

I'm here to learn from others and open up my mind by considering things I may have never though of otherwise. I also hope that in some instances I can do the same for others.
Pretty much this. Happened earlier in this thread to me during a back and forth I had with duga.

Elph is a good kid though. I know deep down in there he's got a soul as pure as Jon Anderson's (from Yes).
__________________
Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #2873 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
It's something I've seen brought up before in a few think pieces related to Black Lives Matter (among others). The argument being that even though the U.S. is a melting pot, no matter which "culture" reigns it will inevitably be racist to some degree if they achieve any kind of longstanding majority.

I don't know if social evolution is truly possible with the way things are, but I think there's some merit to the analysis. Acknowledging racism as a problem all people share instead of just whoever the perceived majority is would be a start to fixing it. That won't happen under a Trump administration here of course...

It was also mentioned that you have some people screaming about white privilege, for instance, but there are many "non-racist" whites who feel as though there are places they are not welcome because they are white.
I think it is possible, and I agree with your first point.

For the second one, white privilege is referring to the advantages white people have at succeeding in life do to our cultural background. White people are more likely to grow up in better neighborhoods, go to better schools, etc. because of the history of this country. The idea of it gets really watered down and often lost by people that like to scream it out every chance they get. Try hard SJWs that do more harm than good.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:02 PM   #2874 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 13,115
Default

I hope white people get taken out back to get whipped
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
sittin' here la la, waitin' for my ya ya
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:04 PM   #2875 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I hope white people get taken out back to get whipped
Some of us pay for that kind of thing.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:04 PM   #2876 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 13,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
No, by stir the pot I mean you come off as a condescending jerk off with a holier than thou attitude towards everyone who doesn't agree with you. No grammar, pointless ad hominem attacks, no evidence to support your claims, no attempts to actually educate anyone civilly.. the list goes on and on. You're not interested in having a discussion, you're interested in being intellectually superior and half the time you don't even support what you say with examples or evidence or any sort of explanation. I'm the first one to admit when I'm naive to a subject or say I'm wrong, you're honestly the only person who I find it difficult to have a civilized discussion with in this thread because you act like a child, which is why I deliberately ignored you before when I was having a nice debate with Frown.

I'm here to learn from others and open up my mind by considering things I may have never thought of otherwise. I also hope that in some instances I can do the same for others.
I just had to spend 3 pages explaining that the border is long to someone

this is not the kind of debate I'm going to write my thesis on
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
sittin' here la la, waitin' for my ya ya
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #2877 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I just had to spend 3 pages explaining that the border is long to someone

this is not the kind of debate I'm going to write my thesis on
But you actually didn't.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #2878 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,077
Default

I'm not gonna go back and point out multiple examples where I made points and you either blew them off or talked down to me without addressing the point. I was just letting you know how I feel, and how you're coming off in case it wasn't obvious enough when multiple other people have pointed it out. I hope in the future you take what I had to say into consideration, because I think you do have something to offer in the conversation, you just don't do it in a way that's beneficial to anyone.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:09 PM   #2879 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 13,115
Default

I even posted a map
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
sittin' here la la, waitin' for my ya ya
elphenor is online now  
Old 02-15-2017, 11:12 PM   #2880 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 13,115
Default

I wish you wouldn't be so condescending when pointing out that my opinion that the moon is made out of cheese is silly look we can just agree to disagree okay
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
sittin' here la la, waitin' for my ya ya
elphenor is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.