Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

elphenor 02-24-2017 04:09 PM

I agree with that and I'm not for a straight ban on low capacity
guns

I think guns are stupid but I'm willing to accept some risk so someone else can have the freedom to play with their toys

Up to a point

DwnWthVwls 02-24-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. (Post 1808738)
I'll take a wait and see approach on that and get back to you. Guns certainly do make me safer, and will continue to do so.

Wait, so you've been in a situation where you had your gun and it stopped you from being harmed? Cause you can't make that claim otherwise. Just because you perceived a threat and had your gun ready, if nothing ever happened that's not a valid justification.

Edit: I think guns give most people the illusion of safety.

FRED HALE SR. 02-24-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1808746)
Lol

I'd pull up the numbers for you but I get the feeling you're going to believe this no matter what

I've read just about everything. Stupid people owning guns do stupid things. That I can't deny. And walking through California on a daily basis the stupidity is pretty much the masses so your argument isn't lost on me.

elphenor 02-24-2017 04:14 PM

Right but YOU'RE the smart one nobody has ever thought that before they accidentally killed their kid or something

FRED HALE SR. 02-24-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1808749)
Wait, so you've been in a situation where you had your gun and it stopped you from being harmed? Cause you can't make that claim otherwise. Just because you perceived a threat and had your gun ready, if nothing ever happened that's not a valid justification.

Actually I once had to pull out my gun while in my house and instruct someone to put a knife away and leave my roommate alone and leave. Was I gonna wait for the guy to stab my roommate before I reacted? Thats a pretty absurd scenario. It stopped him from being harmed. I have not encountered anybody else i've needed to pull a gun on. I hope nobody ever has to defend themselves, but that is not always gonna be the case.

FRED HALE SR. 02-24-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1808751)
Right but YOU'RE the smart one nobody has ever thought that before they accidentally killed their kid before

Don't have any kids and live with just my girl. She also owns a gun and we both are MENSA members because of course that would be my argument. :yeah:

The Batlord 02-24-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1808749)
Wait, so you've been in a situation where you had your gun and it stopped you from being harmed? Cause you can't make that claim otherwise. Just because you perceived a threat and had your gun ready, if nothing ever happened that's not a valid justification.

If you have something that can destroy the brain of a potential threat then I think that something obviously can make you safer in that circumstance. It's a gun for god's sake. Any argument against that is based on statistics, real statistics obviously, but that's really more about micromanagement of rights, which I give the finger to.

Frownland 02-24-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1808756)
If you have something that can destroy the brain of a potential threat then I think that something obviously can make you safer in that circumstance. It's a gun for god's sake. Any argument against that is based on statistics, and that's really more about micromanagement of rights, which I give the finger to.

And if your threat escalates the situation with a gun because they're expecting one?

elphenor 02-24-2017 04:21 PM

The reason urban areas overwhelmingly support stricter gun laws is because violence being made lethal is such a problem there

Where as in rural areas it's just like "Wtf why is this the govs problem"

DwnWthVwls 02-24-2017 04:21 PM

I think you need a better appreciation for statistics.. Good statistics are a great thing to make decisions based on, why you would be against that I don't understand.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:17 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.