Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2017, 08:55 PM   #6301 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 16,013
Default

Frowns, I'm going to have to say that psychology is one of those fields that you pretty much need a doctorate from a good school to get any bragging rights. Put it this way: "I'm a psych major." are the most encouraging words a college chick can say to me at a bar.
OccultHawk is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #6302 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,879
Default

I have more business and technology-related experience here than anyone yet I still get lectured at by communists. 'Tis a sad state of affairs.
__________________
Anteater's Top 30+ Albums Of 2019!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:02 PM   #6303 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Frowns, I'm going to have to say that psychology is one of those fields that you pretty much need a doctorate from a good school to get any bragging rights. Put it this way: "I'm a psych major." are the most encouraging words a college chick can say to me at a bar.
Yes but supplanted with my extensive and ongoing science/rationality/logic/skepticism education, I have an in depth understanding of cognitive biases. We can talk specific cases all day because the DSM triples in volume with each edition.

There's a point where objectivity is not evolutionarily wise, so we come prepackaged to being predisposed to cognitive biases on a huge level. I'm talking running away from bears and **** here. That alone is a reason to not trust your own self, since society has stripped many of those problems that those biases combated in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
microeconomics=macroeconomics
Whatever you say bro.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #6304 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 16,013
Default

Yeah but what I'm saying is that if a chick says she's studying psychology there's a good chance she's stupid enough to **** me with no rubber.
OccultHawk is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #6305 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Yeah but what I'm saying is that if a chick says she's studying psychology there's a good chance she's stupid enough to **** me with no rubber.
Do I seem the type to wade through college? I tried to get the most out of it.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #6306 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's obvious where he gets it from.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Do you have any moral lines? Think carefully about that for a minute. Using a mentally ill child to poke fun at a parent just to get a jab in on a forum member is lower than low.

An apology would be cool. But I'm not sure you are capable.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:08 PM   #6307 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You make cheap shots, don't expect to not get some back. **** off with your bull****.
.

Also you're the one that brought your son into the convo.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:11 PM   #6308 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
.

Also you're the one that brought your son into the convo.
Context is everything you *******.

Grow the **** up someday.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:12 PM   #6309 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 16,013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You should be ashamed of yourself. Do you have any moral lines? Think carefully about that for a minute. Using a mentally ill child to poke fun at a parent just to get a jab in on a forum member is lower than low.

An apology would be cool. But I'm not sure you are capable.
You brought him AND his disability into the conversation. You didn't just walk into it, you intentionally invited the joke. Stop playing the victim.
OccultHawk is offline  
Old 06-10-2017, 09:13 PM   #6310 (permalink)
stay the fukc inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,684
Default

You first. If you didn't swoop in with flippant personal insults we wouldn't even be here. Let's just drop the over the top fighting and try to have a civil discussion.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.