Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on home-schooling?
I think it's a great alternative to the public system. 4 20.00%
I think it can be a good alternative to the public system under the right circumstances. 9 45.00%
I don't think it's a good alternative to the public system, but I don't think it should be illegal. 6 30.00%
I think it should be illegal. 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2017, 02:25 PM   #71 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
"Education will never get better because the owners of this country don't want that"
to some extent I do agree with this but in a different way I guess.

I don't think it's that they don't want it, I think it's more of an issue with them only seeing two classes: rich or poor. the truth of the matter is if you're rich enough you can afford a better education and while it doesn't guarantee you anything it definitely gives you a better chance going forward.

I think the vast majority of issues in North America can be fixed by a proper education system, but it's not gonna happen because it doesn't fit the agenda unfortunately. it's a legitimate worry, but it's not high enough on the list to get checked off anytime soon.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #72 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Lmao of course they are. That doesn't change the fact that you can very easily find out whether or not his kids went to private school. I'm excited to see how you will find another way to miss this point though.
Because going to a private school tells you every detail about a person. Every single detail. It determines who they are and what they are going to do with their life. When you walk into a private school they immediately place stickers on you and begin deciding everything that will happen to you for the rest of your life.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #73 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Because going to a private school tells you every detail about a person. Every single detail. It determines who they are and what they are going to do with their life. When you walk into a private school they immediately place stickers on you and begin deciding everything that will happen to you for the rest of your life.
Lol he managed to find a new misinterpretation of my point. Good work.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:29 PM   #74 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Lol he managed to find a new misinterpretation of my point. Good work.
Explain yourself than.
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
Explain yourself than.
First of all, *then. That private school sounds like a sham.

The Trump kids went to private schools. This information is very easy to come by. Thus, you can firmly say that you know something about them: they went to private school. Please find a way to misinterpret this.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:33 PM   #76 (permalink)
Girls,Cars,Guitars
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 8,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post

I don't think it's that they don't want it, I think it's more of an issue with them only seeing two classes: rich or poor. the truth of the matter is if you're rich enough you can afford a better education and while it doesn't guarantee you anything it definitely gives you a better chance going forward.

I think the vast majority of issues in North America can be fixed by a proper education system, but it's not gonna happen because it doesn't fit the agenda unfortunately. it's a legitimate worry, but it's not high enough on the list to get checked off anytime soon.
A good education system costs $$$
That money would have to come from the upper class but they have no use for public education

In fact it could ruin them if people learned to critically think. They'd soon start to question the class system altogether
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Bernie 2020
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #77 (permalink)
Resistance is futile
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
First of all, *then. That private school sounds like a sham.

The Trump kids went to private schools. This information is very easy to come by. Thus, you can firmly say that you know something about them: they went to private school. Please find a way to misinterpret this.
So your point is you took my somewhat ambiguous comment to its most literal?
__________________
Minoru Suzuki will kill you!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:35 PM   #78 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
A good education system costs $$$
That money would have to come from the upper class but they have no use for public education

In fact it could ruin them if people learned to critically think. They'd soon start to question the class system altogether
Remember this?

Texas Republicans Oppose Teaching Kids Critical Thinking in School Because It ‘Undermines Parental Authority’
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #79 (permalink)
#notmymoderator
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
So your point is you took my angry and defensive comment at face value because that's what happens when people read poorly written statements?
Yes.
__________________
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:42 PM   #80 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
A good education system costs $$$
That money would have to come from the upper class but they have no use for public education
yeah, it's essentially the whole "have or have nots" that we deal with. when they already have a good education why are they going to pay for others to do so as well? sad part is a lot of the issues they like to complain about i.e crime rate, minimum wage, and the homeless could all be helped out immensely by a better system.

awh well, such is life.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
  • home, Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry Forum, 1 replies
  • Home, General Music Forum, 1 replies
  • Here is a home, in my home, Introductions Forum, 9 replies
  • Home, Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry Forum, 3 replies



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.