Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2017, 03:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
KKK
ftfy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,748
Default

I still rank this dude alongside Gladwell as far as pop pseudophilosophers go. Pretty amazing dude if you agree with his stances and are alright with flimsy premises and assumptions I guess. Since I feel like he really agrees with the outcomes he works backwards from, he has an edge over Gladwell as a non-con artist so he has honesty (or at last perceived honesty) on his side.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,862
Default

You gotta admit, he can make an incredible case for preposterous ideas. That discussion with Sam Harris where he was arguing the truth isn’t the truth was top shelf. He’s at worst a spectacular troll. Harris was dumbstruck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,748
Default

He makes a quick succession of empty premises that he blows through without an opportunity to be challenged, then he asserts his position and treats those premises as truths. He's very convincing for talk radio but he makes my bull**** meter go off the charts when he makes his cases. I don't think that he's unintelligent, but I think he lets his stances drive his logic more than he'd like to believe. Then again, maybe I just spot that so easily because I see it in myself.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,862
Default

You gotta admit being in his class would rock.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,748
Default

Ja it'd be really fun if he promoted disourse (not that he doesn't). Though tbh if he proved himself to be likeable or if I already agreed with him, I would be less ready to challenge him as my professor and that might make it less fun.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 12,927
Default

his manner of talking bores me to tears
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
Take 'em all, take 'em all
Put 'em up against a wall and shoot 'em
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #28 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,862
Default

Is there anything on earth that you appreciate that doesn’t align with your politics?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 02:22 AM   #29 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 7,036
Default

Fun fact: If you stand in front of a mirror at night and say Sam Harris five times you can summon elphenor, wherever you are.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 12,927
Default

religion is a bit daft you say

truly an intellectual giant

way to stick it to Muslims living out of cardboard boxes

if they just converted to the white version of the exact same beliefs
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
Take 'em all, take 'em all
Put 'em up against a wall and shoot 'em
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.