Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2017, 06:00 AM   #51 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I asked a question, just waiting for an answer.
I gave it to you and it's very straightforward. The onus is on you now.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:43 AM   #52 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 15,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
if you were into arson I might take this seriously

jacking it instead of going to the booths is not taking a stand

I think it's fine if you don't give a **** about the real human impact of minor differences in policy but don't posture like it's anything beyond apathy
I actually have done ****.
__________________
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #53 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And don't act like you're not gonna be a Washington liberal in twenty years.
well Chula might have been radical for his day

when I'm 50 Sanders could look establishment

Obama looked progressive for a US President but by the end of his 1st term it was like the left already shifted more populist from underneath him
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
My mind is like a plastic bag
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #54 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I actually have done ****.
well you say **** like idc if 44k uninsured die if i dont get free healthcare and I have to wonder your motives

but again you either give a **** about the real impact of policy or you really don't and want to live entirely in the theoretical

the latter is fine honestly
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
My mind is like a plastic bag
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:10 AM   #55 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 15,899
Default

Quote:
well you say **** like idc if 44k uninsured die if i dont get free healthcare and I have to wonder your motives
When you’re willing to charge people for NOT having insurance I have to wonder how far your tongue is up the insurance companies asses. My motive is to make health care FREE. Obamacare charges poor people for **** they don’t even receive. That’s far worse than doing nothing.
__________________
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #56 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I gave it to you and it's very straightforward. The onus is on you now.
There wasn’t a reason given, you just said it’s depressing or something.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:48 AM   #57 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
There wasn’t a reason given, you just said it’s depressing or something.
There's much more to life than buying ****. I told you it was simple.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #58 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

That was kind of a reason I guess.

The results of mutually beneficial trade have been quite incredible though. We wouldn’t have pretty much all of the things that exist in the material world without it.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:53 AM   #59 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 32,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
The results of mutually beneficial trade have been quite incredible though. We wouldn’t have pretty much all of the things that exist in the material world without it.
What a scientific assertion.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #60 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
When you’re willing to charge people for NOT having insurance I have to wonder how far your tongue is up the insurance companies asses. My motive is to make health care FREE. Obamacare charges poor people for **** they don’t even receive. That’s far worse than doing nothing.
if you're too poor to afford it you're exempt from the tax penalty anyway (and may qualify for Medicaid)

but it's subsidized which is why the end result is more people being able to see a doctor

the prior system had about 44k people dying a year of things that would have been treatable

that is akin to having people die because they can't get access to clean water in my books

Of course I support socialized medicine and believe its a right but I'm glad we at least stopped the most egregious part, the actual death panels, with the ACA
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
My mind is like a plastic bag

Last edited by elphenor; 12-01-2017 at 02:31 PM.
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.