Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #151 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't think you comprehend it

for starters it's a stateless ideology

nothing about eliminating individualism that's standard propaganda
btw I hear this individualism thing a lot and it's actually an interesting question does the whole benefit the individual or the individual benefit the whole

but one of the major criticisms of Capitalism from my perspective is that in practice it is a "cog in a machine" type system in entirely comparable ways to what we can call "authoritarian communism" (e.g. Soviet Russia)

at least for the proletariat I see very little evidence that Capitalism fosters individualism it seems to iron people into particular molds on both the supply end as workers with one specific mundane skill that they will not perform under their own control

and on the demand end where billions are spent on generating uninformed consumers that champion the right corporate brands
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
You know nothing about it!
it's not your domain
Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:20 PM   #152 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 15,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
btw I hear this individualism thing a lot and it's actually an interesting question does the whole benefit the individual or the individual benefit the whole

but one of the major criticisms of Capitalism from my perspective is that in practice it is a "cog in a machine" type system in entirely comparable ways to what we can call "authoritarian communism" (e.g. Soviet Russia)

at least for the proletariat I see very little evidence that Capitalism fosters individualism it seems to iron people into particular molds on both the supply end as workers with one specific mundane skill that they will not perform under their own control

and on the demand end where billions are spent on generating uninformed consumers that champion the right corporate brands
Church
__________________

¡¡¡brigada juvenil anarquista!!!
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #153 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,832
Default

Ive only heard that argument used in the context of "you can be a cash making youtuber in America which would never be possible in communism". Therefore capitalism allows for individualism. Tbh idk, just regurgitating.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:53 AM   #154 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,742
Default

It's so rare you get to do that or be an artist for a living or something

and even then of those few the successful are the ones that give up their individuality and pander for $$$ overwhelmingly
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
You know nothing about it!
it's not your domain
Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #155 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,832
Default

You took that completetly out of context but im glad youve moved on from 1 word responses.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #156 (permalink)
Boneshaker Baby
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,742
Default

Quote:
"you can be a cash making youtuber in America which would never be possible in communism"
just responded to the content of this whether or not you believe it
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
You know nothing about it!
it's not your domain
Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:26 PM   #157 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,832
Default

You really didn't address the question at all, which was: does communism allow for creative means of personalized financial success? Lots of non big youtubers and streamers live off the couple thousand a month they make or use it as a secondary source of income. Not to mention, freelance artists, etsy business, ebayers, etc.. It all falls under the same "financial individualism" in question. Also, being a sellout =/= losing your individuality, even if we both agree its weak.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #158 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 15,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
You really didn't address the question at all, which was: does communism allow for creative means of personalized financial success? Lots of non big youtubers and streamers live off the couple thousand a month they make or use it as a secondary source of income. Not to mention, freelance artists, etsy business, ebayers, etc.. It all falls under the same "financial individualism" in question. Also, being a sellout =/= losing your individuality, even if we both agree its weak.
It’s irrelevant in my philosophy because money must be abolished.
__________________

¡¡¡brigada juvenil anarquista!!!
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:37 PM   #159 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You know, Chula, you call Frown naive for supposedly not understanding how business works, but he's not the one who was doing business with a shady megacorporation that gave him the shaft and destroyed almost everything he'd built. Perhaps there's a lesson in there about how you conduct business and with whom.
Go flip a burger. $100 says your uniform/apron goofy hat, spatula, microwave, headset, fryer pan, etc. are made outside of the USA.

But at least you get your beer and cigarette money.

Don't ****ing try preaching to me about this ****.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:44 PM   #160 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,474
Default

You don't know ****, Chula.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.