Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #6511 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
I can't possibly hear a thing you have to say I am to busy not caring.
too*
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:56 PM   #6512 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I really do think you are giving yourself a lot less credit than you deserve.
I understand that. Sometimes it seems strange to me that my world is populated with beautiful people (honestly, literally everyone I know has something about them that I find beautiful) but I have such a rough time finding anything I like about myself. I appreciate your kind words, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I hate people that make creepy comments in the Member Picture Gallery. Strikes me as quite pathetic.
Thank you for your kindness as well (not quoted here) - I'd just like to agree with the creepy thing. I don't understand why some people are incapable of giving compliments rather than saying things that make them look like some kind of disgusting caveman.
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #6513 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Or what, I'm a ***? The implication being that if I'm a ***, then I am inferior, right? You heard it right here, folks! LiL thinks only ***s know about makeup, which then makes ***s less than human. Lil is Hitler.
That's actually pretty spot on in general people. When I lost uh.. 20 pounds give or take, I had to buy small clothes. Incidentally, I got into the whole "wearing clothes that fit" thing around the same time, and I've a coworker who is obviously insecure with himself that like to give me grief about looking "gay". I'm not, but it's funny to see the reaction of people who are completely unaware of anything outside of their experience. It's mostly sad, but I mostly end up laughing in the end. After all... I'm "gay"...
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #6514 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
After all... I'm "gay"...
I speak from experience that this is true. Now where did I put that dildo...
Key is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #6515 (permalink)
carpe musicam
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I just want to fully support what Freebase said about ladyislingering. I'm always really confused when she criticises the way she looks maybe just because she doesn't get as many creepy comments as some in the Member Picture Gallery. She's one of the most attractive people on the site.
I hate people that make creepy comments in the Member Picture Gallery. Strikes me as quite pathetic.
This is not directed at you, but for other members, in case any other members who saw my response of Lynda Barry to Lil posting a picture of herself in a snazzy sweater. (Which I highly doubt anyone noticed it, but anyway.) Just for the record the Lynda Barry comparison was suppose to be complimentary. And cause they have the same kind of glasses, and would wear the same kinds of sweaters. Lynda Barry is a cartoonist, writer, and lecturer. Her drawings in comics have an Outsider art vibe to it. So Lynda Barry is smart and cool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #6516 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,235
Default

i have a weird thing where i have a hard time giving people compliments cause i think it will seem mushy and boring to other people which makes me self-conscious. like i agree with what freebase said about lady--- but i wouldn't have said it for that reason.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #6517 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 695
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
This is not directed at you, but for other members, in case any other members who saw my response of Lynda Barry to Lil posting a picture of herself in a snazzy sweater. (Which I highly doubt anyone noticed it, but anyway.) Just for the record the Lynda Barry comparison was suppose to be complimentary. And cause they have the same kind of glasses, and would wear the same kinds of sweaters. Lynda Barry is a cartoonist, writer, and lecturer. Her drawings in comics have an Outsider art vibe to it. So Lynda Barry is smart and cool.
I don't remember that post. I just Googled Lynda's name. She looks like she has so many stories to tell. (And her glasses are so cute.)
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #6518 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
i have a weird thing where i have a hard time giving people compliments cause i think it will seem mushy and boring to other people which makes me self-conscious. like i agree with what freebase said about lady--- but i wouldn't have said it for that reason.


pussy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 08:03 PM   #6519 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I understand that. Sometimes it seems strange to me that my world is populated with beautiful people (honestly, literally everyone I know has something about them that I find beautiful) but I have such a rough time finding anything I like about myself. I appreciate your kind words, though.
WTF Dude you ARE a beautiful person. Stop comparing yourself to others and own yourself. Comparing yourself to an average standard is ridiculous. It's only going to lead to self doubt. I'll tell you this now, if Ki didn't already have a claim, you'd be all over my map. And the reason is because I'm into your type (when that type is confident). You're stuck with however you look... but know that looks are most CERTAINLY not everything. The attitude, the confidence in a person, THAT'S what's ultimately attractive.

So, when I see your picture, I imagine a woman that is completely comfortable with herself, totally assured, and that **** is sexy. But when I see you say you're everything opposite, well, I just gotta ask why. You're doing yourself your own disservice. I think you're lovely and you should too.
__________________
Freebase Dali is offline  
Old 11-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #6520 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,235
Default

@roxy
pretty much, that is my weakness. i think it's cause i assume other people are like me cause when i'm around other people complimenting each other i find it boring.
John Wilkes Booth is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.