Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 12:07 PM   #801 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post

[b]RezZ[b] - Just a really awesome metalhead. Appreciated some of the 'Bondage Fruit' I sent to him which gains him a million cool points in my book. Very interesting, fun, awesome guy to talk to.
I am insulted that my name was not bolded. How dare you, I will rain 1000 rainy days upon you.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline  
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #802 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 11,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I am insulted that my name was not bolded. How dare you, I will rain 1000 rainy days upon you.
**** just got real
__________________
I've moved to a new address
TheBig3 is offline  
Old 05-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #803 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,179
Default

Since I forgot to, I'd also like to add to the love list:

Anteater - Fantastic taste in music, and very open to discussion. I honestly feel is another underrated member of the forum, and his repertoire of understanding the actual good side of Japanese music impresses me.

Eric Generic - He's the man for hunting down a ****load of 'Bob Drake', and sending it to me. Just for the effort, he deserves an extra nod, and ten million awesome points.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #804 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 11,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
Since I forgot to, I'd also like to add to the love list:

Eric Generic - He's the man for hunting down a ****load of 'Bob Drake', and sending it to me. Just for the effort, he deserves an extra nod, and ten million awesome points.
Does he still post here? I never see him.
__________________
I've moved to a new address
TheBig3 is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #805 (permalink)
Partying on the inside
 
Freebase Dali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,584
Default

It's high time I do another one of these.
It will probably piss some people off.


s_k - Sometimes I actually think you want to be helpful and nice to others simply out of the goodness of your own heart, but more often than not, I think you do it because of how you think it reflects on you. This is supported by the fact that at any given opportunity, you manage to make absolutely every fucking conversation you have about anything... about YOU. I think you revel in self-attention, and even though you're not exactly the stereotypical attention-starved individual, it's blatantly obvious that you enjoy nothing more than talking about yourself and padding your ego wherever possible. When you can't, you find ways to make the information you're offering relative to your personal opinion. In fact, when you read this, you will reply to it in a way that proves everything I have just said. You absolutely cannot stand it when people think negatively of you, and you'll do everything in your power to change that, which is extremely unrealistic, and pointless. You also claim that you have Autism, which I'm not contesting, but you most certainly seem to love using it as justification for your mistakes, and parading it around with the expectation that any time you're wrong, we'll pat you on the back and say "oh that poor, poor guy... if it weren't for his 'disability', he'd be absolutely perfect!"....

The truth is, you're just too socially functional for us to let you off that easily. When you fuck up, we don't blame the Autism... You're the only one.


djchameleon - To me, you come off as some cheap knock-off Hallmark card Encyclopedia of shallow, meaningless anecdotes designed only for the purpose of validating your worth to the forum. I do think you mean well, and you're not self-centered, but you simply say thinks for the sake of saying them without any regard for substance. And that's not even the worst part. Your incessant need to assert this hyper-dominant 'male' stereotype about yourself speaks to a glaring inadequacy as a male that I believe you are terrified of people realizing. It might even stem from the fact that your voice sounds ANYTHING but 'dominant male', and you might have a long history of animosity towards that fact, which results in your need to compensate wherever possible. It's like the classic "little guy in a big truck" syndrome, or more classically, the Napoleon syndrome... only in a different context. I think in reality, you're about as manly as a female kitten, and I think you feel the same way... and in an internet forum, you have a chance to combat it with over-the-top references to what manly guys might identify with. The fact that you go over-the-top with this really confirms that.

With all that said, I don't dislike you. I push your buttons because they need to be pushed. The real you needs to come out of the closet (not a gay joke) and not worry about what everyone else will think. I think that if you were more true to yourself, then you'd have a lot more to offer.


Dirty - I just wanted to include you because my opinions of you have changed. When you first came here, I thought you were a bit trollish and illogical, but the more I've read your posts, the more I've come to realize that you're pretty much the antithesis of djchameleon in the fact that you bare your opinions with absolutely 100 percent conviction and without regard for how they make you look. That makes the things you say worth reading, in my opinion, because you don't tailor your perspective to others.


holly984 - Sometimes, you make me hate the multi-quote button.


Vanilla - I love ya, but sometimes you have the decision-making skills of a newborn bird. I gotta say, though, that you're doing better as a mod than I thought you would. I love that you're fired up for the job. Being here as long as you have, it seems an unlikely trait, but you obviously have a huge part of yourself invested in this forum and it shows in your attitude toward maintaining it. I've come to realize that you're a perfect fit, and you excel where some of us don't, and vice-versa.


I guess that's it for now. I have lost steam.
Freebase Dali is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #806 (permalink)
333
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 965
Default

Oh boy. I haven't been on in awhile, so I don't really know much about half the members on your list, but ouch? And thanks for the heads up?
333 is offline  
Old 05-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #807 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,361
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
[CENTER]

holly984 - Sometimes, you make me hate the multi-quote button.

Good call, that **** drives me nuts. Sometimes I give up on a thread because I cant even find where one post starts and another ends.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 02:58 AM   #808 (permalink)
Seemingly Silenced
 
crash_override's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Everett, WA
Posts: 2,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
It's high time I do another one of these.
It will probably piss some people off.


s_k - Sometimes I actually think you want to be helpful and nice to others simply out of the goodness of your own heart, but more often than not, I think you do it because of how you think it reflects on you. This is supported by the fact that at any given opportunity, you manage to make absolutely every fucking conversation you have about anything... about YOU. I think you revel in self-attention, and even though you're not exactly the stereotypical attention-starved individual, it's blatantly obvious that you enjoy nothing more than talking about yourself and padding your ego wherever possible. When you can't, you find ways to make the information you're offering relative to your personal opinion. In fact, when you read this, you will reply to it in a way that proves everything I have just said. You absolutely cannot stand it when people think negatively of you, and you'll do everything in your power to change that, which is extremely unrealistic, and pointless. You also claim that you have Autism, which I'm not contesting, but you most certainly seem to love using it as justification for your mistakes, and parading it around with the expectation that any time you're wrong, we'll pat you on the back and say "oh that poor, poor guy... if it weren't for his 'disability', he'd be absolutely perfect!"....

The truth is, you're just too socially functional for us to let you off that easily. When you fuck up, we don't blame the Autism... You're the only one.


djchameleon - To me, you come off as some cheap knock-off Hallmark card Encyclopedia of shallow, meaningless anecdotes designed only for the purpose of validating your worth to the forum. I do think you mean well, and you're not self-centered, but you simply say thinks for the sake of saying them without any regard for substance. And that's not even the worst part. Your incessant need to assert this hyper-dominant 'male' stereotype about yourself speaks to a glaring inadequacy as a male that I believe you are terrified of people realizing. It might even stem from the fact that your voice sounds ANYTHING but 'dominant male', and you might have a long history of animosity towards that fact, which results in your need to compensate wherever possible. It's like the classic "little guy in a big truck" syndrome, or more classically, the Napoleon syndrome... only in a different context. I think in reality, you're about as manly as a female kitten, and I think you feel the same way... and in an internet forum, you have a chance to combat it with over-the-top references to what manly guys might identify with. The fact that you go over-the-top with this really confirms that.

With all that said, I don't dislike you. I push your buttons because they need to be pushed. The real you needs to come out of the closet (not a gay joke) and not worry about what everyone else will think. I think that if you were more true to yourself, then you'd have a lot more to offer.


Dirty - I just wanted to include you because my opinions of you have changed. When you first came here, I thought you were a bit trollish and illogical, but the more I've read your posts, the more I've come to realize that you're pretty much the antithesis of djchameleon in the fact that you bare your opinions with absolutely 100 percent conviction and without regard for how they make you look. That makes the things you say worth reading, in my opinion, because you don't tailor your perspective to others. And more often than not, the things you say--however caustic--are usually very much correct.


holly984 - Sometimes, you make me hate the multi-quote button.


Vanilla - I love ya, but sometimes you have the decision-making skills of a newborn bird. I gotta say, though, that you're doing better as a mod than I thought you would. I love that you're fired up for the job. Being here as long as you have, it seems an unlikely trait, but you obviously have a huge part of yourself invested in this forum and it shows in your attitude toward maintaining it. I've come to realize that you're a perfect fit, and you excel where some of us don't, and vice-versa.


I guess that's it for now. I have lost steam.
It's harsh, but it had to be said. I agree with almost everything you said in this post. I'm not huge on calling people out on their shortcomings, but you did a very good job at being brutally honest yet extremely professional while voicing your opinions.

This is probably the most genuine post this thread has ever and may ever see. Most peoples posts are just mindless ego stroking of people who post about how great all their forum friends are. This thread is about spilling guts, and saying things you normally wouldn't, as far as I'm concerned, almost all those type of posts are the online forum equivelent of a support group.

__________________
My MB music journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 04:56 PM   #809 (permalink)
They/Them
 
TockTockTock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
It's harsh, but it had to be said. I agree with almost everything you said in this post. I'm not huge on calling people out on their shortcomings, but you did a very good job at being brutally honest yet extremely professional while voicing your opinions.

This is probably the most genuine post this thread has ever and may ever see. Most peoples posts are just mindless ego stroking of people who post about how great all their forum friends are. This thread is about spilling guts, and saying things you normally wouldn't, as far as I'm concerned, almost all those type of posts are the online forum equivelent of a support group.

What you may call "ego-stroking," others may call being nice. I certainly wouldn't call it mindless either (I've seen some fairly thoughtful positive comments on this thread).

Although, in Freebase Dali's case, his comment could be interpreted as constructive criticism. Maybe a "wake up call" to a few of the people whom he listed (even if I disagree with some of the points he made).
TockTockTock is offline  
Old 05-05-2011, 05:03 PM   #810 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
djchameleon - To me, you come off as some cheap knock-off Hallmark card Encyclopedia of shallow, meaningless anecdotes designed only for the purpose of validating your worth to the forum. I do think you mean well, and you're not self-centered, but you simply say thinks for the sake of saying them without any regard for substance. And that's not even the worst part. Your incessant need to assert this hyper-dominant 'male' stereotype about yourself speaks to a glaring inadequacy as a male that I believe you are terrified of people realizing. It might even stem from the fact that your voice sounds ANYTHING but 'dominant male', and you might have a long history of animosity towards that fact, which results in your need to compensate wherever possible. It's like the classic "little guy in a big truck" syndrome, or more classically, the Napoleon syndrome... only in a different context. I think in reality, you're about as manly as a female kitten, and I think you feel the same way... and in an internet forum, you have a chance to combat it with over-the-top references to what manly guys might identify with. The fact that you go over-the-top with this really confirms that.

With all that said, I don't dislike you. I push your buttons because they need to be pushed. The real you needs to come out of the closet (not a gay joke) and not worry about what everyone else will think. I think that if you were more true to yourself, then you'd have a lot more to offer.
Swing and a miss! You are completely off base and people that have talked to me outside of MB knows me more than you do because you haven't. You are a select few other characters around MB believe everything I said 100% and don't get my brand of humor. Sure, it's not laughy ha ha type of humor but it's the same humor that I use on a daily basis in RL and everyone gets "it". I'm not going to change my style of humor for the slower people that aren't able to get it.

At the end of the day it's just your opinion and you will believe whatever you want to and I really don't care. I'm not going to lose sleep at night because of what others on an online forum think of me.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.