Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Editors Pick
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 06:59 PM   #61 (permalink)
ashes against the grain
 
tdoc210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: new hampsha
Posts: 2,617
Default

urban i expect to see a lou reed transformer at # 1 or pretty damn close
__________________
We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that.
tdoc210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:05 PM   #62 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger



74. Faith No More - The Real Thing (1989)



Favourite songs - From Out Of Nowhere , Epic , The Real Thing
Epic owns
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:47 AM   #63 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
well, this explains a lot....
No it doesn`t
Quote:
Originally Posted by the death of capitilism
urban i expect to see a lou reed transformer at # 1 or pretty damn close
It`s was one of the 30 that I cut , so it`s probably fair to say it`s nearer 101 than 1
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:35 AM   #64 (permalink)
Your La-La-La Teacher
 
Josephine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The place I come from is full of people with cruel taste of music
Posts: 538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
well, this explains a lot....
You bore me.
__________________
Urban for President... eh... EUROMOD!

Vote or die!
Josephine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:02 PM   #65 (permalink)
They call me Tundra Boy
 
DontRunMeOver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: In your linen cupboard.
Posts: 1,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
OK I did this about 3 years ago , because basically i`m an idiot , and because a couple of my friends did it too.And i`ve decided to do it again .... and because I like the challenge.
Basically over the next couple of weeks i shall not only compile and list my Top 100 albums of all time but also write a bit about why I like them & list 3 or 4 songs off each that you should check out.It will also only have one album per artist in the list , because I want to have 100 different artists on there.
Last time I did this it took me about 3 weeks.
Wish me luck
You nutter. Are you sure you're not a music journalist?

Good luck with the list though, if you haven't already finished it. Sorry I haven't been paying enough attention and its time for me to leave this computer for the day.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver
Are you sure you're not a music journalist?
I`ve been called a lot of things in my life , This is probably the worst
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
I`ve been called a lot of things in my life , This is probably the worst
Would if i called you a editor for rolling stone?
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

I`ve never read it in my life.

It`s just expensive yank toilet paper
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:35 AM   #69 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default


64. Stevie Wonder - Innervisions (1973)

I was always a bit dubious of Stevie Wonder , and you can hardly blame me really. I grew up in the eighties when Stevie was churning out crap such as 'I Just Called To Say I Love You' *vomit*. One day I was watching a documentary on black music & was blown away by some of the stuff on this album.The electronic effects on this album sound a little dated now but they were groundbreaking at the time & give this album a totally unique sound of it`s own and you have to say the guy dragged black music into the modern day. Granted people might say Songs In The Key Of Life is better but this album to me seems more leaner & more direct & doesn`t have the sugary ballads that clog up SITKOL.So i`ll go for this one.

Favourite Songs - Too High , Livin For The City , Higher Ground


63. Motorhead - Overkill (1979)

Question....
How do you spot a fake Motorhead fan

Answer....
They`ll say Ace Of Spades is Motorheads best album


Although Ace of Spades is their most well known song , the album itself is patchy & far from Motorheads best.
THIS is the album you go to if you want the best of Motorhead.Most of the songs off this album have remained in their live shows throughout the whole of their career.It`s just half an hour of a sonic assault on your ears & just never lets go.In fact it`s just brutal. You also have Motorheads best line up of Lemmy , Fast Eddie & Phil 'The Animal' Tayor ,and I only found out recently that it was produced by Jimmy Miller who was responsable for the Stones Exile On Main Street & Primal Scream`s Screamadelica.There`s only one metal album above this on my list , thats just how highly I rate this.

Favourite Songs - Overkill , No Class , Metropolis


62. Beastie Boys - Pauls Boutique (1989)

I really cannot beleive this album was critically panned when it was released.To me this is the best hip hop album ever made (bar one ... thats coming later).I looked it up on allmusic.com and it said this..Musically, few hip-hop records have ever been so rich; it's not just the recontextulations of familiar music via samples, it's the flow of each song and the album as a whole, culminating in the widescreen suite that closes the record. Lyrically, the Beasties have never been better -- not just because their jokes are razor-sharp, but because they construct full-bodied narratives and evocative portraits of characters and places. Few pop records offer this much to savor, and if Paul's Boutique only made a modest impact upon its initial release, over time its influence could be heard through pop and rap, yet no matter how its influence was felt, it stands alone as a record of stunning vision, maturity, and accomplishment. Plus, it's a hell of a lot of fun, no matter how many times you've heard it.
Can`t say I disagree with any of that.

Favourite Songs - Shake Your Rump , Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun , Shadrach


61. Ed Harcourt - Here be Monsters (2001)

I find it odd that people are constantly singing the praises of Jamie Cullum for bringing back the sound of jazz & all the rest of it.Especially because Ed was doing it at least 4 or 5 years earlier & doing it much much better. The thing I love most about Ed`s music is his versatility. I think the guy must play every instrument under the sun. So on this album you get slow jazzy ballads , uptempo rock songs with flashy solos and all sorts of things.The only problem I have with Ed`s music is he`s never really fulfilled his potential.None of his subsequent releases have managed to match how wonderful this album is. Hopefully he`ll get there eventually.It`s quite sad to see people as dull as James Blunt & Damien Rice take over this sort of thing when I know Ed is capable of running rings around them on his day.

Favourite Songs - Something In My Eye , Apple Of My Eye , Shanghai
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 11:58 AM   #70 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Two rare tracks worth checking out Urban.

Written for Stevie Wonder by Smokey Robinson in 1966 - 'Are You Sure Love Is The Name Of This Game' and a version of the Doors, 'Light My Fire' 68/69.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.