Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Female Rocker
 
PrettyDemented's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 56
Default

Lennon...definately.

I think he had more of an inpact because well...he died...
__________________
I ain't a politician, just a bad musician
Whatcha gonna do for me?
Do you have a taste for sex and blood and hate
Or really good
LSD?
I'd like to start a band with you will sing
And you can learn to play the tambourine
Here's an invitation...No time for hesitation

Come and join my family
PrettyDemented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 303
Default

this thread isn't about your favorite beatle its about who do you respect and who do YOU think had the biggest impact with you or whoever else... the question is simple and about only the TWO john & paul.. not george or ringo.. its simple who did better in your opinions.. out of the TWO not four.. grr!

john i know had the biggest impact. before he even died he was loved by so many, he was a musical god in his own right, long before his death. don't make me spam damnit!
Sabgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Female Rocker
 
PrettyDemented's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 56
Default

I agree that he was a musical god

He influences my guitar playing and writing...

and I absolutely adore the song "Imagine"

but what I was saying was that you don't know what would have happened if Lennon never died...
__________________
I ain't a politician, just a bad musician
Whatcha gonna do for me?
Do you have a taste for sex and blood and hate
Or really good
LSD?
I'd like to start a band with you will sing
And you can learn to play the tambourine
Here's an invitation...No time for hesitation

Come and join my family
PrettyDemented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 303
Default

know i completely understand what your saying. but here this out. Kurt Cobain kill himself and was in fact famous before he died. the whole band was because it was a amazing band for his voice, the writing everything. but really do you think Nirvana would still be as famous as they are if kurt never kill himself. I personally don't think so, i think personally as great as that band was they would have lost there touch. But i personlly think John lennon before he died was very much famous for everything before he died and would remain a musical god if he never died, maybe his music would have truned to crap, who really knows this for sure, but he was a musical god before he lost his life and he was noticed for it. Nirvana was indeed a great band but i don't think they would be still famous if kurt never killed himself, un like lennon who i think would have remained famous dead or not, and not just because of the songs he wrote or the way he left the beatles or the fact that there's a record out there with naked john and yoko on the cover. I think the way he was so passionet about peace, and love, just living the way he wanted to gained alot of respect in my eyes, plus he made my grand father change his views on war and all that jazz back in the 70's and trust me thats a hard thing to do, concidering my grandfather didn;t even like any type of music other then "christian music".
Sabgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

3 words

THE FROG CHORUS
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
The Wetter The Better!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SH1TTY London Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrinaMaher
know i completely understand what your saying. but here this out. Kurt Cobain kill himself and was in fact famous before he died. the whole band was because it was a amazing band for his voice, the writing everything. but really do you think Nirvana would still be as famous as they are if kurt never kill himself. I personally don't think so, i think personally as great as that band was they would have lost there touch. But i personlly think John lennon before he died was very much famous for everything before he died and would remain a musical god if he never died, maybe his music would have truned to crap, who really knows this for sure, but he was a musical god before he lost his life and he was noticed for it. Nirvana was indeed a great band but i don't think they would be still famous if kurt never killed himself, un like lennon who i think would have remained famous dead or not, and not just because of the songs he wrote or the way he left the beatles or the fact that there's a record out there with naked john and yoko on the cover. I think the way he was so passionet about peace, and love, just living the way he wanted to gained alot of respect in my eyes, plus he made my grand father change his views on war and all that jazz back in the 70's and trust me thats a hard thing to do, concidering my grandfather didn;t even like any type of music other then "christian music".


Um............Beatles thread...............just sayin'.............. and NO COMPARISON
MURDER JUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrinaMaher
know i completely understand what your saying. but here this out. Kurt Cobain kill himself and was in fact famous before he died. the whole band was because it was a amazing band for his voice, the writing everything. but really do you think Nirvana would still be as famous as they are if kurt never kill himself. I personally don't think so, i think personally as great as that band was they would have lost there touch. But i personlly think John lennon before he died was very much famous for everything before he died and would remain a musical god if he never died, maybe his music would have truned to crap, who really knows this for sure, but he was a musical god before he lost his life and he was noticed for it. Nirvana was indeed a great band but i don't think they would be still famous if kurt never killed himself, un like lennon who i think would have remained famous dead or not, and not just because of the songs he wrote or the way he left the beatles or the fact that there's a record out there with naked john and yoko on the cover. I think the way he was so passionet about peace, and love, just living the way he wanted to gained alot of respect in my eyes, plus he made my grand father change his views on war and all that jazz back in the 70's and trust me thats a hard thing to do, concidering my grandfather didn;t even like any type of music other then "christian music".
This thread is about Lennon Vs. McCarney. Not how what would happen if he lived.


George Harrison.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexisonfire
This thread is about Lennon Vs. McCarney. Not how what would happen if he lived.


no **** after all i was the one who started it.. i was just giving a point... stop trying to start ****!
Sabgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Wetter The Better!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: SH1TTY London Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,501
Default

^pretty assertive for a noob
MURDER JUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrinaMaher
no **** after all i was the one who started it.. i was just giving a point... stop trying to start ****!
You'd think the fact you made the thread would mean you wouldn't want spam in it, and i was pointing out you were spamming and the point you making is invalid seeing as lennon is dead.

Wait i have to make my post look more intelligent **** **** **** **** **** ****
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.