Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #351 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
If he grew up in britian, he would've grown up way different. Which could seriously alter his talents.
Ok, you are probably right, i'll give you that.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 08:56 PM   #352 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Personal preference?

I prefer The Doors, Nirvana, Velvet Underground and The Ramones to The Rolling Stones, im not being biased or going by preference...Hell i dont even like The Stones all that much, but still no american band really touchs them in overall greatness.
Personal preference meaning that you seem to think that Classic Rock bands are the only ones that matter. I've spent that past page of this thread telling you that those bands ARE just as influential, and you won't even listen because they don't influence the bands that YOU listen to. Which is why earlier I made the post that you called "childish." If it isn't Classic Rock, critically acclaimed, or widely accepted as "good," then it doesn't matter in the grand scale of things? You're leaving out so many amazing bands because they're not "important," when how important a band is isn't the only deciding factor of a band's talent.

Eventually, this argument does just come down to personal preference, and there's no getting around that.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 PM   #353 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Last I checked there weren't many part Cherokee guitar players born in britain.

And we've seemed to side step the fact that, I listed 3 to 5 art forms we uncontestedly destroy you in, and you keep going back to rock.

Where is the rest of your ammunition. I'd also like to add:

James Brown
Prince
Bruce Spingsteen
Paul Simon
The Pixies
Soundgarden
Mos Def
Al Green
Ray Charles.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #354 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Personal preference meaning that you seem to think that Classic Rock bands are the only ones that matter. I've spent that past page of this thread telling you that those bands ARE just as influential, and you won't even listen because they don't influence the bands that YOU listen to. Which is why earlier I made the post that you called "childish." If it isn't Classic Rock, critically acclaimed, or widely accepted as "good," then it doesn't matter in the grand scale of things? You're leaving out so many amazing bands because they're not "important," when how important a band is isn't the only deciding factor of a band's talent.
http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs/

Dont jump to conclusions.

And you have to be pretty dumb if you think any american band has as much worldwide influence as The Beatles, seriously.

So would you judge a band by whos better?...By talent?...Ok then how in the hell do you judge talent?....skill?....Songwriting and Creativity?...And how do you judge that?....Its all subjective, you dont have to make it more complicated than it already is.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:10 PM   #355 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
And you have to be pretty dumb if you think any american band has as much worldwide influence as The Beatles, seriously.

So would you judge a band by whos better?...By talent?...Ok then how in the hell do you judge talent?....skill?....Songwriting and Creativity?...And how do you judge that?....Its all subjective, you dont have to make it more complicated than it already is.
It's subjective already. You keep acting like everything you say is fact, and whenever someone challenges you it's suddenly, "You're wrong, I'm right. If you disagree you're stupid [sorry, "pretty dumb"] and don't know what you're talking about."

Bob Dylan alone is as influential. But why don't you try and explain that away with "Oh, but he's not influential now/he influenced British Invasion bands, therefore any influence he had elsewhere is thus negated/some other bull."
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #356 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
It's subjective already. You keep acting like everything you say is fact, and whenever someone challenges you it's suddenly, "You're wrong, I'm right. If you disagree you're stupid [sorry, "pretty dumb"] and don't know what you're talking about."
This is always what people say when they dont want to admit they lost a arguement.

And you say it like opinions cant be factual, no my opinion isnt 100% factual, but i do consider it more valid and objective than what you are saying, and its not like i dont realise its all in my opinion, again you are jumping to too many conclusions...Thing is, there are subjective opinions and there are objective ones, subjective opinions are ones that are based strictly on personal taste and cant be measured in any accurate way, objective opinions are opinions that use facts to make points, and judge things based on facts (for example someones technical skill or someones popularity can be measure with the right knowledge and sources)...And it IS possible for opinions to be right or wrong if they contradict something that is a proven fact, for example i could say the moon is made of starfoam even though scentific evidence proves otherwise, and it wouldnt make me any less wrong just because i have the right to my opinion, if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and walks like a duck, then you will need some cold hard evidence to prove to me that its a giraffe.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:25 PM   #357 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

And why they don't want to lose one, they ignore my statements. Unrefutable, you've ignored them and Im just hoping the people who actually read them will agknowledge that you havn't said anything about the fact you won't pull your head out of the Beatles sandbox.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:28 PM   #358 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
And why they don't want to lose one, they ignore my statements. Unrefutable, you've ignored them and Im just hoping the people who actually read them will agknowledge that you havn't said anything about the fact you won't pull your head out of the Beatles sandbox.
Im ignoring you simply because you are just trying to start another personal flame war with me, and it isnt worth it, id rather not speak to you then say the wrong thing and piss you off.

I already explained my reasons regarding influence, its not JUST influence, its also consistancy and quantity, and impact.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:33 PM   #359 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

I give up. And yeah, in your next post why don't you gloat about "winning" some more and use ANOTHER pimp emoticon!

It's useless arguing with you. It's like there's no way of getting through. There's no right or wrong answer, that's why we're debating it in the first place. Why can't you understand that? Or do you still feel that you're right and everyone arguing against you is wrong, and whatever you say is automatically correct because your argument is backed up by "fact," and somehow Crowquill, Big3, and my own weren't?
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 PM   #360 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
I give up. And yeah, in your next post why don't you gloat about "winning" some more and use ANOTHER pimp emoticon!

It's useless arguing with you. It's like there's no way of getting through. There's no right or wrong answer, that's why we're debating it in the first place. Why can't you understand that? Or do you still feel that you're right and everyone arguing against you is wrong, and whatever you say is automatically correct because your argument is backed up by "fact," and somehow Crowquill, Big3, and my own weren't?
If you think there is no right or wrong answer, then why did you even bother to convince people that the US are better?

As a american, im simply thinking outside of the box, and i can admit that my country isnt superior to every other nation in every possible way.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.