Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #441 (permalink)
Idontthinkyouknow
 
Crashing Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Out of the Frying Pan
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track
American artistry and British imagination.
IMO.
I have no idea why people keep saying stupid things like this. Nationality does not a band, good or bad, make.
__________________
People Against People

"Scientists in Taiwan say they have bred three pigs that glow in the dark."

(Support Spam)
Crashing Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:49 PM   #442 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashing Sun
I have no idea why people keep saying stupid things like this. Nationality does not a band, good or bad, make.
Oh but it does!!!
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:50 PM   #443 (permalink)
Idontthinkyouknow
 
Crashing Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Out of the Frying Pan
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track
Oh but it does!!!
You've convinced me.

What are the requirements. Obviously to live in a society where you have access to the right influences and opportunities. What comes next is talent and that transcends nationality.
__________________
People Against People

"Scientists in Taiwan say they have bred three pigs that glow in the dark."

(Support Spam)
Crashing Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:56 PM   #444 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashing Sun
You've convinced me.
OK, nationality is no guarantee. It's no coincidence though that the best, are for the most part either British or American. Also both these countries have an abundance of musically talented people.
To the point of embarrassment.

Or would you rather me say...Latvian artistry and Bolivian imagination?
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #445 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 32
Default

as above but

LED ZEP,
BLACK SABBATH,
BEATLES,
OASIS,
INFADELS
etc etc

brits win
The Jellyfish Incident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #446 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashing Sun
You've convinced me.

What are the requirements. Obviously to live in a society where you have access to the right influences and opportunities. What comes next is talent and that transcends nationality.
Love the way you added the second bit after I posted. I agree completely with it by the way.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:04 PM   #447 (permalink)
Idontthinkyouknow
 
Crashing Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Out of the Frying Pan
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track
Love the way you added the second bit after I posted. I agree completely with it by the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track
OK, nationality is no guarantee. It's no coincidence though that the best, are for the most part either British or American. Also both these countries have an abundance of musically talented people.
To the point of embarrassment.

Or would you rather me say...Latvian artistry and Bolivian imagination?
Sorry I did add more to my previous post while you were typing. In sum, I would have to say that the reason why these two countries produce the best rock bands is because of the language and opportunity similarities. But when it comes down to it I think talent trancends nationality.
__________________
People Against People

"Scientists in Taiwan say they have bred three pigs that glow in the dark."

(Support Spam)
Crashing Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #448 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashing Sun
Sorry I did add more to my previous post while you were typing. In sum, I would have to say that the reason why these two countries produce the best rock bands is because of the language and opportunity similarities. But when it comes down to it I think talent trancends nationality.
Rock bands are rife the world over and for the most part don't cut it in the same way. I understand your point, but I do believe that nations are like people and have characteristics, traits.

America=music
Britain=music
Brazil=football
France=food
Germany=no sense of humour etc.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:26 PM   #449 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Lets put it another way

Name one country the size of the UK to have come out with so many top selling & Influencial acts
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #450 (permalink)
The Forums Sadistic Ghost
 
Ma Cherie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: beyond midnight, in the abyss of time, the syren in the night
Posts: 457
Default

not entirely right, but Japan?
__________________
I'm not a freak on a leash, I'm just the freak holding the leash.

http://www.myspace.com/yukiko_mori

Ma Cherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.