Albums You're Digging II - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #9631 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
As big a fan as I am of Blur, I just could never get into 13. In fact, it's just about the only album of theirs that I really don't enjoy that much. Including Think Tank (which if some will remember is an unpopular opinion of mine). I think it's overly long and while I appreciate how experimental it is, it just never clicks with me. And I've tried...a lot.
Fair enough, I think my adoration of it is more nostalgic than anything - I would never argue it to be their best album. But it does contain these beauties:

Spoiler for Videos for Tender, Coffee and TV, No Distance Left To Run:





__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #9632 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 3,234
Default

I'm still obsessed with this

Moderator cut: image removed
Nobody understands drugs and ****ty relationships better.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #9633 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Fair enough, I think my adoration of it is more nostalgic than anything - I would never argue it to be their best album. But it does contain these beauties:
Ah, yes...I agree those are very good songs. If I ever go back to 13 it's for those. And I love the video to Coffee and TV.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #9634 (permalink)
Groupie
 
retr0andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
^ Belle and Sebastian are lovely. Do listen to The Life Pursuit if you haven't already - it contains most of my favorite B&S tracks. If I ever made a list of top 100 favorite songs "Dress Up In You" would probably be placed highly.
Have you listened to Tiger Milk? If so would you recommend that as well? I heard it's similar to Sinister.
__________________

RYM http://rateyourmusic.com/~retr0andrew
retr0andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #9635 (permalink)
county fair energy
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0andrew View Post
Have you listened to Tiger Milk? If so would you recommend that as well? I heard it's similar to Sinister.
I have and I do. I like Sinister better but I think there's something at least redeemable if not loveable in each of their albums, you can't really go wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I know what real life is, I've been living in it for well over a decade
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #9636 (permalink)
Groupie
 
retr0andrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
I have and I do. I like Sinister better but I think there's something at least redeemable if not loveable in each of their albums, you can't really go wrong.
Alright thanks for the feedback.
__________________

RYM http://rateyourmusic.com/~retr0andrew
retr0andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:23 PM   #9637 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default



It are broke :'-(
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #9638 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,762
Default


Cerekloth - In the Midst of Life We Are In Death

I always listen to metal when I work out and I think this will be my workout album for this week. I don't like it too fast otherwise I tune out and start focusing on how much I hate doing cardio...same thing if it's too slow. This falls around just the right tempo (ie, my running pace). It's got the low end of doom metal but some of the technicality of death metal...all with some really great hooks. Recommended for sure.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #9639 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 26,970
Default

Just listened to Slowdive's "Souvlaki" and all I can say is WHY? WHY? WHY have I never heard this band before? And now they're gone! Please have a large discography! Oh, and thanks to Duga for the rec, results now posted in my "Classic Albums" journal. Man this is just so great!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #9640 (permalink)
the worst guy
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
WHY? WHY? WHY have I never heard this band before?
Dude. Just... dude. Seriously?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.