Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Pick an artis
Comus 2 6.45%
Et Tu Brute 8 25.81%
Library Tapes 0 0%
National, The 2 6.45%
Pink Floyd 19 61.29%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Da Hiphopopotamus
 
sweet_nothing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: cloud cuckoo land
Posts: 4,039
Default

hey now, isn't music suppose to bring us together?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by swim View Post
America does folk, hardcore and mathrock better and that's 90% of what I give 2 shits on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline  
Old 04-29-2008, 09:05 PM   #42 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

So, now its just my fault for having an opinion.

And just to recap for anyone who might have forgotten, it is my opinion.

EDIT: To Artless.
boo boo is offline  
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #43 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: VAN
Posts: 2,530
Default

no one is saying you can't have an opinion, it's just the blatant lack of respect, the insulting manner of your posts, and the lack any desire to consider the other side that frustrates me.
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN is offline  
Old 04-29-2008, 09:18 PM   #44 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Well you know, I was bull****ing about wanting my account deleted but I seriously do need to take some time off from here, a couple days until I'm over this really bad mood I'm in right now.
boo boo is offline  
Old 04-29-2008, 09:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Abuser
 
Wayfarer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 570
Default

...

You're in such a bad mood that you feel it necessary to avoid visiting a particular website for a couple of days simply because some people there like a style of music that you don't exactly understand?

Wow. Hope you do some growing up in your time off.
Wayfarer is offline  
Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 PM   #46 (permalink)
Me and The Major
 
The Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,830
Default

Your having an opinion also involved bashing the opinions of others, for inane reasons, do you fail to see the idiocy in that?
The Dave is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 02:55 AM   #47 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Well you know, I was bull****ing about wanting my account deleted but I seriously do need to take some time off from here, a couple days until I'm over this really bad mood I'm in right now.
If you're being serious thats pathetic. Makes me wonder why you're on music discussion forums in the first place.
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 01:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Existential Egoist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Everything.

Basing communities around music, its incredibly stupid, pointless and ultimately dangerous. It divides all us music lovers into seperate, warring groups.

And its sh*t like that that leads to hateful Prog fans ranting about Indie fans.
You can't stop communities being built around anything if there is anything different about something. Difference creates communities, which leads to enemies and alliances. This ultimately leads to conflict, but it unstoppable as long as their is difference. Since it is impossible to get every one person to accept everyone's difference, it it pointless and 100% utopian to even try to force people to agree on something, which is why I disagree with both sides of the argument here. The point is that if you don't like what someone is doing or how they think bring up the argument. If they aren't swayed by the time you present your facts then shut the **** up, reflect on the conflict, and take what you learned.

Quote:
If you're being serious thats pathetic. Makes me wonder why you're on music discussion forums in the first place.
You obviously are not an advocate for peace. You only fuel the fire.

Quote:
Your having an opinion also involved bashing the opinions of others, for inane reasons, do you fail to see the idiocy in that?
Any opinion can ultimately offend someone. When someone gets offended it is there fault. It is a mental choice to be offended. Want proof? Well, as children, we are taught to ignore things we can't deal with so there must be some type of choice since that works. Again, this is why I have a huge problem with people not being able to call something "***." Whether I think it is right or wrong, it doesn't matter, flipping out about a word makes you look like the biggest ****ing idiot in the world. It is all silly business. The bottom line is let people do what they want to do and if you don't like it, present the argument. They don't like it, get over it.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Pink Floyd and Et Tu Brute win.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #50 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Well you know, I was bull****ing about wanting my account deleted but I seriously do need to take some time off from here, a couple days until I'm over this really bad mood I'm in right now.
Maybe you should take time out and also ask yourself why you come here at all.
It can't be you enjoy the company of the people who post here , you seem to dismiss and insult people just because they happen to enjoy something different to you or for different reasons.
So maybe you come here to discuss things with people who do share your tastes?
Ah no , wrong again. you can't even handle it when they disagree with you either , and then you go off calling them retards at every given opportunity.

It certainly isn't to share new music because I can't actually recall you ever suggesting anything or even being open to the suggestions of anybody else either.

So maybe you come here because you just enjoy talking about music.
Well I don't see any evidence of that either. Virtually all your posts are just you pissing and whining because someone said they preferred one thing or someone hated something else. As for enjoyment , well thats a laugh , your posts seem to be totally devoid of any humor whatsoever.

So instead of coming here and filling every poll or every list thread with the usual boring 'modest mouse sucks' 'indie kids are morons' crap try putting some of your own opinions for once. Show us why the bands you love are so great and why you like them. You keep on bitching about Ethan going on about Led Zeppelin all the time , If you contributed a fraction to this place as much as he does with polls , reveiws , and generally posting about things he enjoys you might actually find that people might warm to you and take you more seriously.
I know you are capable of doing some good stuff , so why the fuck do you choose to be like this all the fucking time?
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.