Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #41 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,892
Default

Electioneering shouldn't be treated as a taboo. I don't care if it doesn't sound like every other song on Ok Computer, I find it a nice break in the line up, the energy of the song is refreshing.

"When I go forwards. you go backwards. and somewhere we will meet.." Some of my favorite Radiohead lyrics.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 07:17 AM   #42 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Electioneering shouldn't be treated as a taboo. I don't care if it doesn't sound like every other song on Ok Computer, I find it a nice break in the line up, the energy of the song is refreshing.

"When I go forwards. you go backwards. and somewhere we will meet.." Some of my favorite Radiohead lyrics.
Don't get me wrong at all. I really like the track but compared with what the band can and has done I think it's not the best indicator of their music.

I have narrowed it down to:

Fake Plastic Trees (first Radiohead track outside of Creep that I heard)
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (for those fantastic swirling guitar tracks).

A few more days to find my favourite.
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 08:31 AM   #43 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Electioneering has a great riff but it's hardly original and could be one of many bands around at that time.
This is true and it's the fact that it could be a lot of bands, but it's radiohead and it's amongst the OK computer chaos.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #44 (permalink)
What a guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brentwood, TN
Posts: 2,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
(first Radiohead track outside of Creep that I heard)
I guess in most people on this board's opinions, I'm lucky for having heard Paranoid Android first before Creep
__________________
last.fm
khfreek is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #45 (permalink)
**** Steve Harvey
 
mannny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MASS
Posts: 423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I have narrowed it down to:

Fake Plastic Trees (first Radiohead track outside of Creep that I heard)
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (for those fantastic swirling guitar tracks).

A few more days to find my favourite.
Please don't choose Fake Plasitc Trees.

And my vote goes to Life in a Glass House. This song has so many plays on my itunes it's ridiculous, but I don't think it will ever get old.
__________________
mannny is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannny View Post
Please don't choose Fake Plasitc Trees.

And my vote goes to Life in a Glass House. This song has so many plays on my itunes it's ridiculous, but I don't think it will ever get old.
This man is cool in my book.
__________________

dac is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20
Default

I am loving the Radiodread cover album that the Easy Star Allstars did. Song for song of OK Computer. It's actually better than Radiohead's version, IMHO. Especially Climbing up the walls and Electioneering. Less whiney.

I actually like the concepts and covers of Radiohead more than I do their music.

But mixomatosis is my absolute favorite track of theirs. Grim and not sissy.
strappy is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #48 (permalink)
Dazed and confuzzled
 
Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strappy View Post
I am loving the Radiodread cover album that the Easy Star Allstars did. Song for song of OK Computer. It's actually better than Radiohead's version, IMHO. Especially Climbing up the walls and Electioneering. Less whiney.

I actually like the concepts and covers of Radiohead more than I do their music.

But mixomatosis is my absolute favorite track of theirs. Grim and not sissy.
__________________
I have acquired four score and nineteen difficulties, but a wench cannot be counted among them


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'd rather my face reek of women's body parts than of comic book ink and dirty NES cartridges.
Akira is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #49 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannny View Post
Please don't choose Fake Plasitc Trees.

And my vote goes to Life in a Glass House. This song has so many plays on my itunes it's ridiculous, but I don't think it will ever get old.
Pray tell me why not? It may be popular and an obvious choice but there is a certain part in the song that I identify fully with and is'nt that what music should do- make connections?
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline  
Old 12-02-2008, 05:32 PM   #50 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Jackhammer don't argue with Radiohead fans. Nailing your feet to the floor is more productive.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.