Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 07:39 PM   #1071 (permalink)
Your Ad Here
 
Electrophonic Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Twilight Zone
Posts: 875
Default

As long as we're still talking about the Floyd...

I really don't like the 'Money', in fact there are days when I border-line despise it. The only purpose it does on Dark Side is break up the flow of the first four and last four tracks. If I weren't such a purist when it comes to listening to an album in it's entirety, I would skip to the last 10 seconds when it starts to melt into 'Us and Them'.
Electrophonic Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #1072 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

^^it's the only song i find interesting in the whole "suite"

it wakes me up when i'm dozing off
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #1073 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophonic Tonic View Post
As long as we're still talking about the Floyd...

I really don't like the 'Money', in fact there are days when I border-line despise it. The only purpose it does on Dark Side is break up the flow of the first four and last four tracks. If I weren't such a purist when it comes to listening to an album in it's entirety, I would skip to the last 10 seconds when it starts to melt into 'Us and Them'.
I have that issue with quite a few albums...I definitely have a very hard time hitting the "next" button. I HAVE to start an album from the beginning and I HAVE to finish it.

That being said...I still think Money is a good song. It doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the album, but I still count it as an excellent Floyd track.
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #1074 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default

I don't really like any of the big rock acts from the 60s-70s. By that I definitely don't mean I dislike them, they're just not my thing.
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #1075 (permalink)
Your Ad Here
 
Electrophonic Tonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Twilight Zone
Posts: 875
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
^^it's the only song i find interesting in the whole "suite"

it wakes me up when i'm dozing off
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
That being said...I still think Money is a good song. It doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the album, but I still count it as an excellent Floyd track.
I think I wouldn't have as much of a problem if Dark Side was a little more fragmented. In a way it does the same thing to both of us, Duce. Except, I think it's more like enjoying a scenic car ride and watching the beautiful scenery out the window and having the driver slam on the breaks for no reason.

The reason I specifically said 'despise' rather than hate, it because my issues come more from the context the song is in. It's not the song itself I have a problem with. It's just how it doesn't add much it does to a very good album.
Electrophonic Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #1076 (permalink)
Dibs on the killing sound
 
Euronomus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spider Scull Island
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrophonic Tonic View Post
The reason I specifically said 'despise' rather than hate, it because my issues come more from the context the song is in. It's not the song itself I have a problem with.
Thats kind of the reason I used the word myself. Its not that the album itself is that horrible, my feelings for it are the result of having something that I find to be pretty mediocre shoved down my throat as some kind of genius. I just wanna smash my head into a wall everytime someone mentions it.
__________________

Last edited by Euronomus; 01-19-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Euronomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:19 AM   #1077 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,039
Default

^^I think Animals and Meddle are much better, neways
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #1078 (permalink)
Dibs on the killing sound
 
Euronomus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spider Scull Island
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
^^I think Animals and Meddle are much better, neways
Agreed those are easily their 2 best though I'll always have a soft place in my heart for Piper, but apples and oranges ya know
__________________
Euronomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #1079 (permalink)
washed up
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,313
Default

I really liked Hillary Duff's album, Metamorphosis.

<_________<
>_________>
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #1080 (permalink)
One crazy motherf*cker
 
Automaticchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 103
Default

I really like Alanis Morrisettes' "Jagged Little Pill" and a few songs by Sheryl Crow of her self titled album.
Automaticchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.