Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 03:18 PM   #121 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Barabajagal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
People like The Wall because it's the cliche stoner album. End of story.
Doesn't DSOTM fit that even better?
Barabajagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #122 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 50
Default

I'm pretty sure neither of them fit that. Pink Floyd is a band to drop acid to, not to smoke pot to. And neither DSOTM nor The Wall are the best Pink Floyd albums to drop acid to. That would have to be Piper or Meddle or one of them.
euphoria z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #123 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

There are far more albums out there to mess with your mind if you want to do acid. Floyd would be quite tame I would have thought.
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:18 PM   #124 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barabajagal View Post
Doesn't DSOTM fit that even better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria z View Post
I'm pretty sure neither of them fit that. Pink Floyd is a band to drop acid to, not to smoke pot to. And neither DSOTM nor The Wall are the best Pink Floyd albums to drop acid to. That would have to be Piper or Meddle or one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
There are far more albums out there to mess with your mind if you want to do acid. Floyd would be quite tame I would have thought.
This is why I said 'cliche' stoner album. If you ask any stoner what their favorite albums are, they'll say Bob Marley's greatest hits and The Wall. For whatever reason, stoners view the wall as trippy and such when it's relatively boring.
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:39 PM   #125 (permalink)
one big soul
 
Alfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Yellow Black View Post
But did you go on your own free will and listen to it? Or did you hear from people that they were good and they told you to hear the Wall because it's the best. I don't think I'm explaining it how I mean.
No, I went for Wish You Were Here becuase it's a relatively popular Pink Floyd release, but it's not The Wall or Dark Side Of The Moon. Also, it looked pretty digestible.
__________________
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:21 PM   #126 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
This is why I said 'cliche' stoner album. If you ask any stoner what their favorite albums are, they'll say Bob Marley's greatest hits and The Wall. For whatever reason, stoners view the wall as trippy and such when it's relatively boring.
Well, being a fellow stoner and friends with a bunch of them, I'd say your wrong. I've done both to DSOTM and acid has the greater effect, albeit lame one.
euphoria z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:27 PM   #127 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria z View Post
Well, being a fellow stoner and friends with a bunch of them, I'd say your wrong. I've done both to DSOTM and acid has the greater effect, albeit lame one.
Bully for you. You have still not mentioned a single thing about music that I dont already know and I don't think you have ever taken acid.
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:38 PM   #128 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Bully for you. You have still not mentioned a single thing about music that I dont already know and I don't think you have ever taken acid.
Splendid.
euphoria z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:53 PM   #129 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphoria z View Post
Splendid.
Early nomination for post of the year.
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:50 PM   #130 (permalink)
one big soul
 
Alfred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,072
Default

What the hell are you on about, it's still 2008.
__________________
Alfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.