Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Meanie McFeany
 
Wifey Boozer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Troy side'ah the dirt, NY
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
I dunno how someone could say so much and yet so little at the same time.
It's a living.


The original post, the way I interpreted it, conveyed that, with all the mass stuff being put out there lately not as much stuff, if any, seems to have any impact at all. I agree. I was contributing to the conversation, instead of posting a two line reply saying "I agree".


And I liked what he said. It's nostalgic. Personal preferance.
__________________


... Stalin had a FANTASTIC moustache.

Formerly known as the Prime Minister of Spain.

[backintheubbr]
Wifey Boozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
ironing your socks
 
WolfAtTheDoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm in a rocknroll band. huh.
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Brown View Post
I dunno how someone could say so much and yet so little at the same time. Of course theres 'bonding' over music, the idea that there isn't is bull****, i love the fact that you've put that guys nonsense in your sig.
I'm curious, do you not believe that what I said is right? That the bonding over music is thinning out? Because in all honesty, I'd say that it is a fact that music today has a dramatically smaller impact. Using Oasis as an example again (because they were of my generation), when they headlined and sold out knebworth it was MASSIVE. Them battling against Blur for number one was also huge. You don't get that anymore. You get great music, sure, but you don't you don't get THAT.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
I'm curious, do you not believe that what I said is right? That the bonding over music is thinning out? Because in all honesty, I'd say that it is a fact that music today has a dramatically smaller impact. Using Oasis as an example again (because they were of my generation), when they headlined and sold out knebworth it was MASSIVE. Them battling against Blur for number one was also huge. You don't get that anymore. You get great music, sure, but you don't you don't get THAT.
Yeah and whats your point? Just because you don't have that ridiculous scale anymore doesn't mean people don't bond over music.
Gareth Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

None of my friends like my taste in music but who cares? I have music forums and my own comfort in doing what i want so it doesn't bother me and it shouldn't.

Easily beats sitting in a field with a bunch of drunk Oasis fans by a long shot.
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #25 (permalink)
ironing your socks
 
WolfAtTheDoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: I'm in a rocknroll band. huh.
Posts: 396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Brown View Post
Yeah and whats your point? Just because you don't have that ridiculous scale anymore doesn't mean people don't bond over music.
You've completely gone and missed the point there havent you. I've never said that people do not bond over music anymore, I said that the bonding isnt as relevant as it once was. In my opinion, this is making a part of the music culture completely obsolete, which in turn is making part of musics impact on culture in general completely obsolete.
WolfAtTheDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
daddy don't
 
Molecules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the Wastes
Posts: 2,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
None of my friends like my taste in music but who cares? I have music forums and my own comfort in doing what i want so it doesn't bother me and it shouldn't.

Easily beats sitting in a field with a bunch of drunk Oasis fans by a long shot.
hear hear. And people still bond over music in droves with the aid of the same (taxed and illegal) social lubricants since time immemorial. it's not ideal when Coldplay can headline Glastonbury, the world's largest music festival, and cast it's voodoo-trance of mediocrity over happy mashed people but at least somebody's making money out of it eh?
__________________

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
Unrepentant Ass-Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
Easily beats sitting in a field with a bunch of drunk Oasis fans by a long shot.
I hear Wonderwall sounds different the 132nd time you play it.
__________________
first.am
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
I hear Wonderwall sounds different the 132nd time you play it.
It's true. The 132nd time you play it, it sounds like "Champagne Supernova".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

You have to be on coke though.
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,037
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
You have to be on coke though.
Yes, a lot of coke.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.