Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2014, 12:30 PM   #11691 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And all of those pretty details end up making one big, artistically relevant MS Paint job. You'd have to be blind or actively refusing to see it in any other light to not see that it looks like it could have been done in MS Paint. I'm assuming you're a rather big fan of the album?
No, not really. I actually think it's kind of overrated and am fairly neutral about the design of the cover as well. I just can see that it's a tight design done by a skilled designer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #11692 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,766
Default

__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #11693 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #11694 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And all of those pretty details end up making one big, artistically relevant MS Paint job. You'd have to be blind or actively refusing to see it in any other light to not see that it looks like it could have been done in MS Paint. I'm assuming you're a rather big fan of the album?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
MS Paint doesn't allow you to do good typography.
dudes, chill, it's just an album cover ffs

the music inside is what matters - and it's a pretty funky experience.

I always forget how much I love Talking Heads when I don't listen to them for a while, then I get sucked right back in once I hear a track from Remain in Light.
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #11695 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,766
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
dudes, chill, it's just an album cover ffs

the music inside is what matters - and it's a pretty funky experience.

I always forget how much I love Talking Heads when I don't listen to them for a while, then I get sucked right back in once I hear a track from Remain in Light.
Youtube Comment of the Year.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:39 AM   #11696 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,766
Default

I've listened to a bit of Laibach, but this is my first time listening to this album (either their version or the Beatles' for that matter), and I must say, covers can be fun but are usually disposable, but Laibach covering an entire album is just plain cool and weird as ****. Does any band do covers quite so brilliantly?


__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:09 AM   #11697 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 4,735
Default


Wanda Jackson - Hard Headed Woman - YouTube
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Welcome to the new mb. A haven for straight white depressive snowflakes playacting as anarchists.


She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:08 PM   #11698 (permalink)
I sleep in your hat
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, Vic. Aus.
Posts: 1,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I've listened to a bit of Laibach, but this is my first time listening to this album (either their version or the Beatles' for that matter), and I must say, covers can be fun but are usually disposable, but Laibach covering an entire album is just plain cool and weird as ****. Does any band do covers quite so brilliantly?
So just how stoned were they when they made that album?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #11699 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
dudes, chill, it's just an album cover ffs
It wasn't a serious conversation ffs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:49 PM   #11700 (permalink)
I sleep in your hat
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Melbourne, Vic. Aus.
Posts: 1,752
Default

Another track by The Orbweavers - Vitus.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.