Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #12701 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadChannel View Post
Well, I'm not sure about that, but it's up there. Maybe top ten for me.
Well if you can't tell from my username I may be a little bit biased.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #12702 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,024
Default

I liked that album completely the very first time I listened to it, **** me right?
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #12703 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 544
Default

Digging this group pretty well lately.

__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #12704 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Well if you can't tell from my username I may be a little bit biased.
Heh, yeah. It *is* a great album though.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:18 AM   #12705 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Melt banana - fetch
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:32 AM   #12706 (permalink)
An Butthole
 
Sequoioideae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Someone's Backyard
Posts: 543
Default

__________________
Funnel From Another Lover

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #12707 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Death Grips - The Money Store
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #12708 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Jathon Delsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 25
Default

System Of A Down- their eponymously titled debut album, catchy punky grunge done with real class, blending in Armenian influenced eastern scales and intervals.
Tristan und Isolde, cond. Furtwangler 1952, full of slow epically building crescendos of dazzling dramatic power, it don't come better than this.
Various Bruckner concertos, again conducted my the fantastically creative Furtwangler. I believe these to be recently re-discovered recordings done during WW11 that were confiscated by the victorious Soviets, and they have now been restored and released. Furtwangler like a magician breathes new life into these scores, full of dazzle and swooping swirling lushness, as orchestral music should be but rarely is. I cannot post links as I'm a new contributor here, but I found them on YouTube, search Bruckner / Furtwangler and saviour a sumptuous musical feast.
Mastodon- Leviathan- supremely heavy, manly and mighty, operatically epic progressively influenced heavy rock.
Introducing The Minutemen- quicky kooky spunky punky funky stuff, very creative and fun.
Frampton Comes Alive- outstanding musicianship and showmanship from this pretty boy.
Tommy- The Who- Best of British here

I like to keep my doors of perception well and truly opulently open, and a vital variety of musical offerings helps keep the cobwebs away and the juices flowing.
__________________
The Twisted Troubadour of Fleeting Fantasia
Jathon Delsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #12709 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
DeadChannel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

Botanist - VI flora
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #12710 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathon Delsy View Post
System Of A Down- their eponymously titled debut album, catchy punky grunge done with real class, blending in Armenian influenced eastern scales and intervals.
Tristan und Isolde, cond. Furtwangler 1952, full of slow epically building crescendos of dazzling dramatic power, it don't come better than this.
Various Bruckner concertos, again conducted my the fantastically creative Furtwangler. I believe these to be recently re-discovered recordings done during WW11 that were confiscated by the victorious Soviets, and they have now been restored and released. Furtwangler like a magician breathes new life into these scores, full of dazzle and swooping swirling lushness, as orchestral music should be but rarely is. I cannot post links as I'm a new contributor here, but I found them on YouTube, search Bruckner / Furtwangler and saviour a sumptuous musical feast.
Mastodon- Leviathan- supremely heavy, manly and mighty, operatically epic progressively influenced heavy rock.
Introducing The Minutemen- quicky kooky spunky punky funky stuff, very creative and fun.
Frampton Comes Alive- outstanding musicianship and showmanship from this pretty boy.
Tommy- The Who- Best of British here

I like to keep my doors of perception well and truly opulently open, and a vital variety of musical offerings helps keep the cobwebs away and the juices flowing.
Bet it sounds like shit with all that playing at the same time
__________________
https://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Hmm, what's this in my pocket?

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.