Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #41 (permalink)
gun whales
 
gunnels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Knoxville/Nashville, TN, USA, NA, E, S, LC, MW, Known Universe
Posts: 1,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
Seriously. How can people just casually enjoy music? My co-workers are like this. One of them has like 10 songs on his ipod and he's happy with that. It's kinda crazy.
Are you kidding? I'd trade him places any day; always having to hear new things can really be a straight up pain in the ass. I'd love to be happy with that amount of music. Really, there aren't that many advantages that I can see to being in this camp.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
Fuck your hashtags, they have no power in this realm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are.
Let's Play TF2 Sometime.|Unrepresentative Last.fm.|Puns, Pokemon, and Miscellany
gunnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
gimme gimme
 
misspoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: istanbul
Posts: 887
Default

I'm dead serious! Having such a narrow taste in music is like having an unhealthy diet. It's like only eating broccoli and chocolate every day all the time.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #43 (permalink)
gun whales
 
gunnels's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Knoxville/Nashville, TN, USA, NA, E, S, LC, MW, Known Universe
Posts: 1,702
Default

But if you're happy with it, what does it matter? I'd love to get the same enjoyment out my collection that I currently do without any of the effort.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
Fuck your hashtags, they have no power in this realm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I'm awfully sorry I'm not as good at writing pretentious posts as you are.
Let's Play TF2 Sometime.|Unrepresentative Last.fm.|Puns, Pokemon, and Miscellany
gunnels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:17 AM   #44 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
Seriously. How can people just casually enjoy music? My co-workers are like this. One of them has like 10 songs on his ipod and he's happy with that. It's kinda crazy.

Trust me I know the feeling, this is why I stay off the topic of music at work, or books, or politics, or religion, or the weather, or.......Let me just stop I don't really talk much to my cowokers anymore...lol

And I agree with Gunnels in the sense that being addicted to music can be a pain in the sack because it is time consuming , to a point where when nothing that blows my hair back comes out, I get kinda depressed... but I would be depressed if I only ate chocolate and broccoli every day....
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #45 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
I'm dead serious! Having such a narrow taste in music is like having an unhealthy diet. It's like only eating broccoli and chocolate every day all the time.
Who says? Eating too much because one enjoys the taste of food can be just as unhealthy to one's health too also. Just for example eating only PopTarts might seem unusual risky health behaviour to some, but not to the person who is constantly eating PopTarts... it's all subjective Heck, I can't eat ice cream - does that make me a bad person? And don't knock chocolate-cover-broccoli unless you tried it. j/c have you? It like the same arguement with Country music - don't knock it unless you tried it. I mean maybe i'st ok to criticize Country music if you have to hear it all day long coming from pick-up trucks driving by your house all day long but still. I think a steady diet of Country music might not be as healthy as it made out to be. It's like the food pyramid I would put Country music in the smallest part of the food pyramid - just saying.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ? Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ? ???? ? ? ?????
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #46 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

I have friends that don't like music. I find it so hard to believe. And I've had plenty of guys and gals tell me the like "everything" which has to be the most brain-dead, boring of all responses.

I believe I've listed music as an interest because it is a huge part of my life and can generalise it but using the broad term to describe it as one of my main reasons for living.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:55 AM   #47 (permalink)
gimme gimme
 
misspoptart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: istanbul
Posts: 887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Who says? Eating too much because one enjoys the taste of food can be just as unhealthy to one's health too also. Just for example eating only PopTarts might seem unusual risky health behaviour to some, but not to the person who is constantly eating PopTarts... it's all subjective Heck, I can't eat ice cream - does that make me a bad person? And don't knock chocolate-cover-broccoli unless you tried it. j/c have you? It like the same arguement with Country music - don't knock it unless you tried it. I mean maybe i'st ok to criticize Country music if you have to hear it all day long coming from pick-up trucks driving by your house all day long but still. I think a steady diet of Country music might not be as healthy as it made out to be. It's like the food pyramid I would put Country music in the smallest part of the food pyramid - just saying.
I'm lolling so hard right now, I love this. We should so design music food pyramids, wouldn't that be a great thing for last.fm to come up with, too?

With the chocolate and broccoli argument, I only meant that it can't be good for your brain to stimulate it with the same two things day in and day out.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.