Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #51 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
I don't have a problem in backing my opinion but can you please quote me where I said this was a fact?

This entire time I have expressed this is my opinion which I am entitled to have.

So why are you giving me a speech about my opinion being subjective when I never said that my opinion was fact?

If you disagree with it, that's fine... but don't say my argument is illogical just because you disagree with it. It comes off snobbish
Well, you've kind of stated it, buy you are correct: you've never directly stated your position as a fact.


But usually when most people form an opinion about an issue they try to have at least some factual knowledge about the topic before they make an opinion on the issue.

And to be perfectly honest, I have a hard time believing that any of your opinions on this issue were composed with some factual knowledge in mind beforehand.

It looks more like you're trying to rationalize some kind of bizarre emotional hatred for today's music, using twisted logic–But of course, this is just my opinion.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
My only thought is how much a detest the term "pussified"

Oh, I guess I have two thoughts. There is vastly more music out there than any one person can hear.
What is wrong with the term? you wouldn;t call our culture as a whole especially how we handle children pussified?
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*


Power: Yamaha Rx-v363, Focusrite 2i2
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's
Headphones: Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
What is wrong with the term? you wouldn;t call our culture as a whole especially how we handle children pussified?
Would you call it vaginafied?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #54 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
Would you call it vaginafied?
yes
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Think about how life sucks -> Vent about it on MusicBanter -> Make no progress towards improving life because limited free time is wasted on MusicBanter -> Think about how life sucks
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
Would you call it vaginafied?
clitified
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*


Power: Yamaha Rx-v363, Focusrite 2i2
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's
Headphones: Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Here's a song from today with a daring message: Same Love by Macklemore.




I don't think you would have seen this 20 years ago...
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
That is true... but that does not mean I can't have an opinion on the state of pop music either.

Most of the mainstream music lacks depth and substance

The way most of these pop songs are constructed are just not that good in my opinion.

I am not saying every single song lol but for the majority it is not.
Talk about a broken record. You need to be a little bit more informative because you say the same sentence over and over and don't bother giving a comprehensive response to the people who have different opinions about it. It seems like you don't really have an understanding about what is substance in mainstream music.

Indie artists are definitely a good start if you want some music with more depth, but even then it can be similar to pop music. Not all pop music is meaningless, you are making some sweeping generalisations here, do you know how many times people have made threads like this? Maybe you should use the search button if you want to learn more rather than going in circles.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
I don't have a problem in backing my opinion but can you please quote me where I said this was a fact?

This entire time I have expressed this is my opinion which I am entitled to have.

So why are you giving me a speech about my opinion being subjective when I never said that my opinion was fact?

If you disagree with it, that's fine... but don't say my argument is illogical just because you disagree with it. It comes off snobbish
I don't see an argument, just you ruffling your own feathers.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:56 PM   #59 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Well, you've kind of stated it, buy you are correct: you've never directly stated your position as a fact.


But usually when most people form an opinion about an issue they try to have at least some factual knowledge about the topic before they make an opinion on the issue.
Your going in circles.

You already asked me to back my opinion up so why are you still lecturing me again?


It is not like I said... "pop music sucks" without giving any reasons for my opinion.

I stated my reasons for why I felt that way.

Now, I can elaborate further with more details as you asked earlier (I don't mine doing that) but I am not sure why you keep repeating yourself.

I know how to express an opinion and support it with facts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
And to be perfectly honest, I have a hard time believing that any of your opinions on this issue were composed with some factual knowledge in mind beforehand.

It looks more like you're trying to rationalize some kind of bizarre emotional hatred for today's music, using twisted logic–But of course, this is just my opinion.
Instead of going in circles with why you think my opinion is so twisted and illogical why don't you state intelligent and factual reasons that challenges my opinion instead of calling it illogical or twisted?

How is my opinion illogical and twisted?

To be honest your just repeating yourself and it appears you are the one that has some type of snobbish attitude about my opinion.

Why don't you practice what YOU preach and present facts with why you disagree with my opinion because you have not done that either.

It just seems like you are going back and forth with me just for the hec of "disagreeing with me".
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Your going in circles.

You already asked me to back my opinion up so why are you still lecturing me again?


It is not like I said... "pop music sucks" without giving any reasons for my opinion.

I stated my reasons for why I felt that way.

Now, I can elaborate further with more details as you asked earlier (I don't mine doing that) but I am not sure why you keep repeating yourself.

I know how to express an opinion and support it with facts.




Instead of going in circles with why you think my opinion is so twisted and illogical why don't you state intelligent and factual reasons that challenges my opinion instead of calling it illogical or twisted?

How is my opinion illogical and twisted?

To be honest your just repeating yourself and it appears you are the one that has some type of snobbish attitude about my opinion.

Why don't you practice what YOU preach and present facts with why you disagree with my opinion because you have not done that either.

It just seems like you are going back and forth with me just for the hec of "disagreeing with me".
Can you please respond to my posts?
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.