Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Do you care about lyrics
Yes 20 68.97%
No 9 31.03%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
You´re not deep if the lyrics doesnt mean anything to you.
Well... that's a rather shallow assessment.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStrand08 View Post
The lyrics in music are REALLY important to me! You´re not deep if the lyrics doesnt mean anything to you.

If the words werent that important in a song, you might as well only listen to instrumentals.
! My god, I have never traveled anywhere emotionally to songs with no lyrics. -Said no deep person ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
cooler commie than elph
 
Isbjørn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In a hole, help
Posts: 2,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
! My god, I have never traveled anywhere emotionally to songs with no lyrics. -Said no deep person ever.
I think it happens more often with lyrics, though. If a song truly has good lyrics, they may even be read stand-alone, as if they were a poem.
Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Eh, I am not saying you are wrong. But here is a perfectly great example of a good song, and you have no real clue what the lyrics are... But you still travel emotionally via the song.

good luck.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Tried listening to venom today, hated the vulgar lyrics in some of their songs. Really really don't see the appeal of black metal at all, even if Venom is partly thrash.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #26 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,364
Default

I listen to music mostly, for the music. I listen to the music(which in cludes the melody of the singing) primarily. Besides, most of the time I can't really understand what they're saying all that well. I would need to read along.
So the first time I'm listening to an album I just listen to the music. Ofcourse I'll catch a few lines, but I don't have a clue what the song is really about. In my music player the lyrics are right under the song information, so sometimes I read along a bit to see what something's about.
Usually I know lyrics of songs because I want to learn to sing the song, since I love singing. Sometimes however, like one of the first comments here said, over time I gain interest in the lyrics. Sometimes however, like he said, I learn that I should probably ignore the lyrics...

Last edited by Dylstew; 05-03-2014 at 12:04 AM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:05 AM   #27 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 537
Default

I'm a natural writer, so lyrics are really important to me. I love the way certain words flow together, and how language can be shaped and manipulated into art. However, this isn't always the case with me. If I'm somehow pleased by the sound of a song, then I'm alright; the lyrics can suck to some extent and I won't be terribly bothered, but this is rare.
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Tried listening to venom today, hated the vulgar lyrics in some of their songs. Really really don't see the appeal of black metal at all, even if Venom is partly thrash.
I never listened to Venom because of the lyrics..
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylstew View Post
i never listened to venom because of the lyrics..
+1.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #30 (permalink)
cooler commie than elph
 
Isbjørn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In a hole, help
Posts: 2,633
Default

I can get past Venom's lyrics in the knowledge that they're just for shock value. Can't listen to early Norwegian black metal, though. I never know whether those guys are serious or not.
Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.