Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2014, 12:36 AM   #41 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
tl;dclickthespoilers: Neil Young.

Your efforts are foiled.

is this what your avant garde has taught you, has imparted on you, to ruin dreams and be awful? that's cool man. god bless.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:44 AM   #42 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
is this what your avant garde has taught you, has imparted on you, to ruin dreams and be awful? that's cool man. god bless.
I've always been a terrible person.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,364
Default

So uuhm, you were right, it goes away after a while. I'm listening to music again now. Music I wasn't familiar with before. Funk / Soul. James Brown, Sly & The Family Stone, Larry Graham and Graham Central Station. What's cool about it is that my dad likes funk so I can finally have some music with him in common.

Does anyone know some funk artists with a lot of slap bass? Just like I said in the funk reccomendation thread, Slap Bass is my music fetish.

Last edited by Dylstew; 10-11-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #44 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
So uuhm, you were right, it goes away after a while. I'm listening to music again now. Music I wasn't familiar with before. Funk / Soul. James Brown, Sly & The Family Stone, Larry Graham and Graham Central Station. What's cool about it is that my dad likes funk so I can finally have some music with him in common.

Does anyone know some funk artists with a lot of slap bass? Just like I said in the funk reccomendation thread, Slap Bass is my music fetish.
Dude, look up Parliament or Funkadelic (or any of their billions of iterations), specifically the albums that feature the bassist Bootsy Collins. Enjoy your trip through space and time (and funk).

Victor Wooten is perhaps one of the best bassists of our time (or maybe ever), and as far as I'm aware, was mostly a slapper. Anything by him is good. Check out some of his solos, particularly his arrangement of "Amazing Grace," if you're not convinced.

Congrats by the way, on your newly discovered musical love! Funk is a great genre, one of my favorites. It'll be easy to expand into the music that evolved from (or fused with) funk as you look into it.
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #45 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Dude, look up Parliament or Funkadelic (or any of their billions of iterations), specifically the albums that feature the bassist Bootsy Collins. Enjoy your trip through space and time (and funk).

Victor Wooten is perhaps one of the best bassists of our time (or maybe ever), and as far as I'm aware, was mostly a slapper. Anything by him is good. Check out some of his solos, particularly his arrangement of "Amazing Grace," if you're not convinced.

Congrats by the way, on your newly discovered musical love! Funk is a great genre, one of my favorites. It'll be easy to expand into the music that evolved from (or fused with) funk as you look into it.
At the moment I just tagged Funkadelic, Parliament and The Meters. Going to listen to them when I get to them, atm I´m at the second track of the first parliament album.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 08:26 AM   #46 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylstew View Post
So uuhm, you were right, it goes away after a while. I'm listening to music again now. Music I wasn't familiar with before. Funk / Soul. James Brown, Sly & The Family Stone, Larry Graham and Graham Central Station. What's cool about it is that my dad likes funk so I can finally have some music with him in common.

Does anyone know some funk artists with a lot of slap bass? Just like I said in the funk reccomendation thread, Slap Bass is my music fetish.
Don't know about good slap bass songs, but I recommend Bad Company. Rock and Roll with a dash of funk to it. You might like them, although not everybody does.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.