Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: How Much Did You Enjoy The Album?
Loved it 6 50.00%
Liked it 3 25.00%
Meh 2 16.67%
Disliked it 1 8.33%
Hated it 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 PM   #71 (permalink)
MusicBanterrhea
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 5,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I didn't intend to. If you look back, Nea started talking about Abacab, I responded to that and then Occult and I ended up in a conversation about the band. Threads go off-topic all the time. It just happens.
Release Me is on par with Abacab as one of the greatest albums ever recorded. It was only enviable that Abacab would be brought up. I was just using Abacab as example as an album people don't like for no logical reason. You were the one who blew it up into a full-blown conversation. It's not me, it's you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Mods. Please kill the thread.


If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” –Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:11 AM   #72 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Release Me is on par with Abacab as one of the greatest albums ever recorded. It was only enviable that Abacab would be brought up. I was just using Abacab as example as an album people don't like for no logical reason. You were the one who blew it up into a full-blown conversation. It's not me, it's you.
Me and Occulthawk. I was just explaining initially and responding to your frankly ridiculous claim about the bands you like. And that album has nothing to do with this one, so basically you're the one who started it. You needle me, I'll sure needle back pal.

Also: bolded:
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:46 AM   #73 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Me and Occulthawk. I was just explaining initially and responding to your frankly ridiculous claim about the bands you like. And that album has nothing to do with this one, so basically you're the one who started it. You needle me, I'll sure needle back pal.

Also: bolded:
Ouch.

Nea- what’s it feel like to have TH correctly throw you to the matt over an incorrect music opinion?
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:24 AM   #74 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 3,392
Default

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.
__________________
Top 25 Albums of 2017

Top 25 Albums of 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor
Anteater's intelligence and utterly impeccable taste in music knows no bounds. Thanks to him I went from Communist to Libertarian overnight!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
What Ozzy was to Black Sabbath, Anteater is to MusicBanter. I am in awe of his majesty.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 07:30 AM   #75 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.
Wow.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:03 AM   #76 (permalink)
MusicBanterrhea
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 5,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Ouch.

Nea- what’s it feel like to have TH correctly throw you to the matt over an incorrect music opinion?
What? He doesn't like Abacab because it's too much Pop - an album by supposedly by his favorite band mind you - but then he goes off and listens to Pop anyways and likes it? Tell him to make up his mind, then he can go after me for making the statement that Release Me is one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
"Abacab is too poppy 'whaaa I need a whambulance', now let me go off and listen to some K Pop bands."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Mods. Please kill the thread.


If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” –Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:25 AM   #77 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 3,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
What? He doesn't like Abacab because it's too much Pop - an album by supposedly by his favorite band mind you - but then he goes off and listens to Pop anyways and likes it? Tell him to make up his mind, then he can go after me for making the statement that Release Me is one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
"Abacab is too poppy 'whaaa I need a whambulance', now let me go off and listen to some K Pop bands."
Nah, it makes sense. It's like how you claim to hate Metal for being "aggressive", despite loving Punk. Just cause an element works for one band/genre doesn't guarentee that you'll like that element in every band/genre.

You like aggression, but not when Slayer does it. TH likes Pop, but not when Genesis does it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Batlord in Plug
I know this might make me sound liek an assshole, but whole is nameless.. Like, I know then hame, but I'm not really that familiar/ Wia,t where Feel free. I have no idea what you're talking about, but whatever make s me look awesome is fine. Fuck Hesus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
OK Oriphiel, enough of this dumb conversation. Are you a dude or a lady?
Oriphiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:09 AM   #78 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.
You done been watching too much American Psycho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
What? He doesn't like Abacab because it's too much Pop - an album by supposedly by his favorite band mind you - but then he goes off and listens to Pop anyways and likes it? Tell him to make up his mind, then he can go after me for making the statement that Release Me is one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
"Abacab is too poppy 'whaaa I need a whambulance', now let me go off and listen to some K Pop bands."
I'm just gonna accept that you're not this stupid. I hope. My "Albums of 2017" thread, which is the only place I listen to K-pop, decides what I listen to. Whether it's Italian rap, Vietnamese Jazz, Post punk, death metal or showtunes, I listen to what's on the list. So your point above makes about as much sense as your original quote about your favourite bands. As I said before, please, for the love of god, learn to logic. Also, I was referring to your ludicrous claim that, whether it's your favourite or even, as you see it, the best Genesis album, to talk of Abacab as one of THE best albums ever recorded is almost bordering on psychotic.

In deference to this thread and those who hate Genesis, I think it's only fair that we move this discussion. So follow me, those of you who wish to continue/expand the conversation/debate/argument. This way!
http://www.musicbanter.com/prog-psyc...on-thread.html
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #79 (permalink)
MusicBanterrhea
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 5,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You done been watching too much American Psycho!

I'm just gonna accept that you're not this stupid. I hope. My "Albums of 2017" thread, which is the only place I listen to K-pop, decides what I listen to. Whether it's Italian rap, Vietnamese Jazz, Post punk, death metal or showtunes, I listen to what's on the list. So your point above makes about as much sense as your original quote about your favourite bands. As I said before, please, for the love of god, learn to logic. Also, I was referring to your ludicrous claim that, whether it's your favourite or even, as you see it, the best Genesis album, to talk of [B]Abacab as one of THE best albums ever recorded is almost bordering on psychotic.
You claim that Genesis is your favorite band and yet you say I am borderline psychotic for liking a Genesis album?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Mods. Please kill the thread.


If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” –Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:24 AM   #80 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
You claim that Genesis is your favorite band and yet you say I am borderline psychotic for liking a Genesis album?
Check the above post; that's where we are now. And again, learn to logic. And read. I say you're borderline psychotic for claiming Abacab to be one of the best albums ever recorded, and I think most if not everyone here would agree with me. But come, join us in the Genesis thread and let's thrash this out: leave the Album Club to talk about the album they're supposed to be talking about.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2018 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.