Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2022, 06:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Born to be mild
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 404 Not Found
Posts: 24,316
Default What sucks about this artist: Morrissey edition

Time for a new thread; think we've worn Clapton down to a nub at this point!

I don't know a whole lot about Morrissey but I'm inclined to say moany ****er wah wah wah my life sucks? No? Have your say, good or bad.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,758
Default

Great with the Smiths, solo career a bit more spotty though there are some gems. Always manic depressive. Perfect music to commit suicide to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,108
Default

If he wasn't such a pretentious whiner he wouldn't be nearly as compelling a singer.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Joe Meek's Ghost
Posts: 14,223
Default

again the racism lol
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 08:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
doo doo water
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: YOur Mom's House
Posts: 83
Default

he has a nice voice, seems like an interesting character, but very distinctive and niche audience
Tubeileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,282
Default

The Smiths never interested me much and I couldn't care less about Morrissey outside of the Smiths. On both counts it's because of the way he sings.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,758
Default

Well, admittedly, Morrissey's singing is a bit, well, monotonous. For me I go with the melodies and Johnny Marr's guitar playing when it comes to the Smiths. As far as the solo career, well, I guess you still have the melodies.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 6,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Well, admittedly, Morrissey's singing is a bit, well, monotonous. For me I go with the melodies and Johnny Marr's guitar playing when it comes to the Smiths. As far as the solo career, well, I guess you still have the melodies.
Johnny Marr was easily the most interesting member of the Smiths for me. I never cared enough about the band to bother going to see them perform live but I did get to see Johnny Marr with The The on the 'Mind Bomb' tour which was fantastic!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
A middle class job sounds like a boring menu option at a brothel

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Joe Meek's Ghost
Posts: 14,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeileh View Post
he has a nice voice, seems like an interesting character, but very distinctive and niche audience
The Smiths were/are incredibly popular

Moz is one of England's biggest popstars
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
Are beehives and ant colonies unnatural? Cause they cooperate on a level we could hardly dream of.
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 46,108
Default

Maybe in England they were.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.