Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Punk > Hardcore & Emo
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2006, 08:39 AM   #51 (permalink)
The Erroneous Hoodlum
 
Fenixpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: West Side Phoenix
Posts: 2,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Magnet
but most often I find punk to be very unexciting. I don't mean it lacks energy, I'm merely stating that numerous punk bands sound identical to me. That's my opinion on the subject. If you don't agree with it, then whatever. Snarling at me isn't going to change anything.

i gotta agree with you about numerous punk bands sounding identical, for every good original sounding band there are hundreds that do a half assed job trying to sound exactly like them. I think its the same with any genre though, you gotta dig through the BS to find the good stuff. Thats the main reason why i try to avoiding stating that i dont like a particular genre because there may be a good band burried somewhere in there that i havent heard yet. good bands are good bands, shit bands are shit bands, in my opinion someone that shuts out an entire genre because of a few bands that they dont like is the same as avoiding a restaurant because of the one time the chimichangas gave you exploding ass.
__________________
This message has been approved by Shawn Erroneous - The Declaimed
Fenixpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 03:56 PM   #52 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

OMG UR SO CloSeMINDeD!!1 1 LOL! !!

Seriously, shoving links in people's faces will convince anyone of anything. Make a thread to discuss the music, but unless someone ask for something like a link, don't call them ignorant and shower them with links. Chances are you wouldn't like their kind of music.

and Don, powerpop is a genre. Ever heard of a power trio? Same idea, yet applied to a pop band.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Muzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Perfect_Sonnet
It doesn't get proper attention. I'm bringing it here to help the uneducated, except I'm nothing like Don.
If we want to get educated, we can stroll over the Emo board. As you can see, many of the Rock and Metal regulars have already made up their mind about EMO and Hardcore. I find it annoying when users try and spread "propaganda" like this and trying to getting users who obviously like other genres more since they post there instead of in the Emo board to like it. Like I said, if we want to get into it or be more educated, then we will come to you.
Muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 15
Default

I Hate Emo Music
massupload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #55 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzak
If we want to get educated, we can stroll over the Emo board. As you can see, many of the Rock and Metal regulars have already made up their mind about EMO and Hardcore. I find it annoying when users try and spread "propaganda" like this and trying to getting users who obviously like other genres more since they post there instead of in the Emo board to like it. Like I said, if we want to get into it or be more educated, then we will come to you.
They bash emo in here constantly, if they wanna bash something they should at least not be ignorant about it. Its not like we're going LIKE THIS BAND NOW THEY HAVE TO BE YOUR FAVORITE, but of course trying to teach people something on a music forum is completely out of line.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #56 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Muzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
They bash emo in here constantly, if they wanna bash something they should at least not be ignorant about it. Its not like we're going LIKE THIS BAND NOW THEY HAVE TO BE YOUR FAVORITE, but of course trying to teach people something on a music forum is completely out of line.
So what if they are ignorant, let them be. This is the internet, most people will talk out of thier ass and stay that way. Jerks and idiots are everywhere here. Quit actling so serious over the emo education thing and let people be.
Muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:38 PM   #57 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzak
So what if they are ignorant, let them be. This is the internet, most people will talk out of thier ass and stay that way. Jerks and idiots are everywhere here. Quit actling so serious over emo education thing and let people be.
Sorry, I won't take music serious anymore, its all one big joke.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Muzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
Sorry, I won't take music serious anymore, its just entertainment.
fixed

and it seems that you missed my point about people on the internet.
Muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #59 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzak
fixed
Wow, so you think people should be ignorant and don't see the need to educate them because its entertainment?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #60 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Muzak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
Wow, so you think people should be ignorant and don't see the need to educate them because its entertainment?
I'm not saying they should be ignorant, I'm just saying that there so many of them on the internet. You honestly going to tell me that you think you can educate every music lover on the internet about what real emo is? I said it is entertainment because it is in the long run. Sure it is artist and deep but what does it do to you? Entertain you. It might give you emotions and make you feel deep but in the end it is entertainment. Now Im getting of topic. Anyways, people are ignorant, not much one can do about it, stop acting like it is your job to educate them.
Muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.