Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Punk > Hardcore & Emo
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2006, 01:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Sound Devastation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 728
Default

ooooooh... ive been wanting to see Red Sparowes again ever since i saw them last year Daughters have a gig booked in Nottingham though so should be good anyway.

i can cheer myself up by saying im seeing Isis on Sunday
__________________
Out soon...

AMENRA - Mass III 2xLP [stunning vinyl release of the belgian sludgecore giants epic 06 album]

FALL OF EFRAFA - Owsla & Elil CD&LP [British crust/doom/post-metal band Fall of Efrafa deliver part two (Elil) on their dark conceptual trilogy. Part one (Owsla) will also be re-released for the first time in the UK]

*****

visit...
Sound Devastation Records website
Sound Devastation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
beat yr own KID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Washington MD
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Devastation
ooooooh... ive been wanting to see Red Sparowes again ever since i saw them last year Daughters have a gig booked in Nottingham though so should be good anyway.

i can cheer myself up by saying im seeing Isis on Sunday
Nicceee. Isis are amazing live. I'm bummed that they're touring with tool though. **** paying 50 bucks to see a band I usually see for 10.
__________________
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.
beat yr own KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Sound Devastation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 728
Default

I havent seen them before! been meaning to see them for ages, and this gig is a performance of Oceanic in its entirity. costing me 60 quid in total as im travelling to London but im well excited!

id quite like to see Tool, not so much a fan now but i used to be into them and never got to see them. That is rather alot to pay though, even converting it to pounds (gigs seem far cheaper over there)! i'll probably never see them, they wouldnt play my city now... and the only bands worthy of London trips so far have been isis, red sparowes, neurosis and khanate.
__________________
Out soon...

AMENRA - Mass III 2xLP [stunning vinyl release of the belgian sludgecore giants epic 06 album]

FALL OF EFRAFA - Owsla & Elil CD&LP [British crust/doom/post-metal band Fall of Efrafa deliver part two (Elil) on their dark conceptual trilogy. Part one (Owsla) will also be re-released for the first time in the UK]

*****

visit...
Sound Devastation Records website
Sound Devastation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Adam, when is that Red Sparrowes tour? Even though it is horrificlly misbooked, I'll still go.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:58 PM   #15 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
beat yr own KID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Washington MD
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
Adam, when is that Red Sparrowes tour? Even though it is horrificlly misbooked, I'll still go.
Actually the booking is spot on. Last time I saw them they played with breather resist. Crazy/heavy band and then post apocolyptic rock. Sounds about right to me.

FRI AUG 25- RED SPAROWES, DAUGHTERS, VERSOMA $10 mainstage 9:30
__________________
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.
beat yr own KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
beat yr own KID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Washington MD
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Devastation
I havent seen them before! been meaning to see them for ages, and this gig is a performance of Oceanic in its entirity. costing me 60 quid in total as im travelling to London but im well excited!

id quite like to see Tool, not so much a fan now but i used to be into them and never got to see them. That is rather alot to pay though, even converting it to pounds (gigs seem far cheaper over there)! i'll probably never see them, they wouldnt play my city now... and the only bands worthy of London trips so far have been isis, red sparowes, neurosis and khanate.
I'm such a *** for not going to see khanate. They played here last october.
__________________
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.
beat yr own KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beat yr own KID
Actually the booking is spot on. Last time I saw them they played with breather resist. Crazy/heavy band and then post apocolyptic rock. Sounds about right to me.

FRI AUG 25- RED SPAROWES, DAUGHTERS, VERSOMA $10 mainstage 9:30
I'm thinking me, you ,and some mother****ing green
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Decoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 272
Default

I can't say I am feeling the vocals on the new album.
__________________
www.decoygenocide.com/gallery.html


“Football is a fertility festival. Eleven sperm trying to get into the egg. I feel sorry for the goalkeeper.”
Decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
beat yr own KID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fort Washington MD
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoy
I can't say I am feeling the vocals on the new album.
Dawh I love em. They sound so drunk and half assed. Everything I expect from daughters.
__________________
I was dead. This was hell. There were no demons, no hellfire or brimstone, just a deep, complete feeling of darkness and hopelessness. This was the never-ending void. Not at all how I had imagined it, but worse than I thought that it could have been.
beat yr own KID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Sound Devastation's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 728
Default

i prefer them greatly! they give the album a bit of a Southern Rock attidude, very cool.

the Hell Songs version of the legendary Hydrahead Pre-order package (limited t-shirts and jumpers for the release) is up online if anyone's interested!
__________________
Out soon...

AMENRA - Mass III 2xLP [stunning vinyl release of the belgian sludgecore giants epic 06 album]

FALL OF EFRAFA - Owsla & Elil CD&LP [British crust/doom/post-metal band Fall of Efrafa deliver part two (Elil) on their dark conceptual trilogy. Part one (Owsla) will also be re-released for the first time in the UK]

*****

visit...
Sound Devastation Records website
Sound Devastation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.