Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #71 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Basically. Doesn't everyone dream of being a millionaire Rock(Pop) Star?
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #72 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Totally, I can't tell you how many times i've put on City of Caterpillar and my first thought was "Wow, they obviously would've like to be millionaire rock stars."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #73 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

They would. They just are better at making awsome, un-poppy music, so the big boys just won't sign them.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:50 PM   #74 (permalink)
Groupie
 
dead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Posts: 29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
They would. They just are better at making awsome, un-poppy music, so the big boys just won't sign them.
gee you two...
you've spent the whole day arguing.

look. believe what you want. I'm from Melbourne, Australia and we have a very large independent music community down here, of which i'm quite involved in.

I shouldn't name names but yes you are right in some senses that some bands always dream of making it big and getting famous. Some have done that down in oz, such as little birdy (however their last album was pretty crap) and something for Kate. But others like being who they are because they like making music in a less-restricting style.

The pop music industry and the independent music industry are very different worlds and it is unfair to stereotype those who aren't household names. Besides most styles within the pop music industry originate from the experimentalists.
dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #75 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

So...I don't get your point.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #76 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Whats not to understand?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:00 PM   #77 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Yah, I think he was just rambling.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:12 PM   #78 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Uh okay..let me simplify it.

1. Hes involved in an indie community
2. Bands do dream of getting famous
3. Pllenty of bands like what they are because they can do what they want.
4. Pop and indie are very very different worlds.
5. Its unfair to stereotype indie bands because they aren't well known.
6. Most styles of pop are only there because of bands that took a chance and didn't follow the current trend.

Get it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:43 PM   #79 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

I get everything he said, I just don't see how it adresses any of my points. Hence he was just ranting.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #80 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Your 'points' are ignorant stereotyping, there's really nothing in it worth addressing specifically.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.