Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
IndiElectronica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow
IndiElectronica, your radio station is damn good.
thanks! Been another large growth in the last month... not sure how/why but not complaining! Now.. if I could just find the time to keep the review site going....
__________________
Check out my Radio Station at:
http://www.indielectronicaonline.com
IndiElectronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Matt Berninger is most likely the second coming of Christ. My favorite band right now.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Groupie
 
twinkeefactory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: somewhere between the edge of the world and tomorrow
Posts: 23
Default

Just listened to that album today actually. I got it when it first came out (was that already over a year ago?) and have missed them TWICE in the area. They are playing this weekend at a festival that costs too much for me to go to, and i'm sooo bummed out. I would kill to see them live.
__________________
Damn that Chuck Norris. He's ruining it for twinkies everywhere.

[SIGPIC]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:H-A6zRK1KgQcnM:http://generallyawesome.com/photos/t...eets-chuck.jpg[/SIGPIC]
twinkeefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack fire drill View Post
Matt Berninger is most likely the second coming of Christ. My favorite band right now.
Yes! I have Boxer rated 5 stars on RYM. I love how the lyrics are so akward...The line about the lemonade in Fake Empire.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkeefactory View Post
Just listened to that album today actually. I got it when it first came out (was that already over a year ago?) and have missed them TWICE in the area. They are playing this weekend at a festival that costs too much for me to go to, and i'm sooo bummed out. I would kill to see them live.
Is that that ATP festival? God literally all my favorite artists are there: Jens Lekman, Okkervil River, Dinosaur Jr., Explosions in the Sky, Silver Jews, Sunset Rubdown, etc. Goddamn the ocean.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Groupie
 
twinkeefactory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: somewhere between the edge of the world and tomorrow
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack fire drill View Post
Is that that ATP festival? God literally all my favorite artists are there: Jens Lekman, Okkervil River, Dinosaur Jr., Explosions in the Sky, Silver Jews, Sunset Rubdown, etc. Goddamn the ocean.
That sounds epic but I was talking about Sasquatch Music festival in Washington. Sasquatch Music Festival

I was going to go, then didn't get tix in time, and now they're selling for over $300. I'm so bummed.
__________________
Damn that Chuck Norris. He's ruining it for twinkies everywhere.

[SIGPIC]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:H-A6zRK1KgQcnM:http://generallyawesome.com/photos/t...eets-chuck.jpg[/SIGPIC]
twinkeefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

Damn, allwe get is good headlinging acts, the biggest names, nothing small. There's occasionally something good in San Jose, but I never make it.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkeefactory View Post
That sounds epic but I was talking about Sasquatch Music festival in Washington. Sasquatch Music Festival

I was going to go, then didn't get tix in time, and now they're selling for over $300. I'm so bummed.
Ohh I heard about that too late. I was bitching to my friend about how boring Bumbershoot had become lately and how there was nothing worth seeing and he then told me about that one but I couldn't afford the tickets. I'm going to What the Heck Fest instead though, which is over in Anacortes which looks like it will be fun. Mount Eerie, Kimya Dawson, Calvin Johnson are really the only semi-notable names though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Groupie
 
twinkeefactory's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: somewhere between the edge of the world and tomorrow
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProggyMan View Post
Damn, allwe get is good headlinging acts, the biggest names, nothing small. There's occasionally something good in San Jose, but I never make it.
I think I'm spoiled. Seattle is the place to be for live music. Hands down.

EDIT: Ok, LA and NY have their advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack fire drill View Post
Ohh I heard about that too late. I was bitching to my friend about how boring Bumbershoot had become lately and how there was nothing worth seeing and he then told me about that one but I couldn't afford the tickets. I'm going to What the Heck Fest instead though, which is over in Anacortes which looks like it will be fun. Mount Eerie, Kimya Dawson, Calvin Johnson are really the only semi-notable names though.

Holy moly! Don't tell me we're in the same area??!!
EDIT: I have tix to Bumbershoot this year already. The line-up keeps getting better, and I haven't been for three years or so.
__________________
Damn that Chuck Norris. He's ruining it for twinkies everywhere.

[SIGPIC]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:H-A6zRK1KgQcnM:http://generallyawesome.com/photos/t...eets-chuck.jpg[/SIGPIC]
twinkeefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Reformed Jackass
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,961
Default

We have good folk and Bluegrass stuff, huge festivals in Golden Gate Park, but besides that there's not much.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.