Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2006, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Croatian sensation
 
adidasss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,993
Default The National

why do i always have to be the one to make threads about bands other people already listen to?? don't be so goddamn lazy people!! ( indielectro,by people i mean you *points accusatorily*)

*turns back from indie to thread*
i just downloaded alligator, it's pretty awsome, i suppose it's americana, it sounds like nick cave, does that make him americana too?
i wonder what the other albums sound like.
__________________
Last.fm | Goodreads | Letterboxd
adidasss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
IndiElectronica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 657
Default

do you realize how much music I listen to? I can't start a topic on every good band I like... that's what my radio station is for!! I assure you, they are very high in rotation right now - so you will hear them every three hours or so (no band plays more than every 3 hours on my station).

Uh.. as for genre of this - it's pure Indie. I don't like the americana title they get as you wouldn't say that about Pixies or Pavement even though some of their songs are a bit americana/folky... not that any of these three sound much alike - I still say just pure indie...

I just got their first album and it's surprisingly ****... big let down
__________________
Check out my Radio Station at:
http://www.indielectronicaonline.com
IndiElectronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Croatian sensation
 
adidasss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiElectronica
do you realize how much music I listen to? I can't start a topic on every good band I like... that's what my radio station is for!! I assure you, they are very high in rotation right now - so you will hear them every three hours or so (no band plays more than every 3 hours on my station).

Uh.. as for genre of this - it's pure Indie. I don't like the americana title they get as you wouldn't say that about Pixies or Pavement even though some of their songs are a bit americana/folky... not that any of these three sound much alike - I still say just pure indie...

I just got their first album and it's surprisingly ****... big let down
yeah, i guess you're right about the radio station thingamajiggy *must install soon* but when you do come across a fantabulous band that you just can't get enough of, do share aye?

so the first one is shit aye? how about the second one?
__________________
Last.fm | Goodreads | Letterboxd
adidasss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
IndiElectronica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
yeah, i guess you're right about the radio station thingamajiggy *must install soon* but when you do come across a fantabulous band that you just can't get enough of, do share aye?

so the first one is shit aye? how about the second one?
I'm on a lot of message boards mainly to keep my fingers on the pulse... I often find things at weird times as well. Last band I'm really getting into is Electrelane for instance and they aren't very new. I'm also going through about 20 new albums a week so even the very good ones are muted by the sheer amount of music I need to get through...

what do you mean *must install soon*? It works with any music player!! You are running out of excuses my friend!

Re National - Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers - is the one I just got... didn't realize there was more than one early album. I'll check out the other ASAP and let ya know..
__________________
Check out my Radio Station at:
http://www.indielectronicaonline.com
IndiElectronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Croatian sensation
 
adidasss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiElectronica
I'm on a lot of message boards mainly to keep my fingers on the pulse... I often find things at weird times as well. Last band I'm really getting into is Electrelane for instance and they aren't very new. I'm also going through about 20 new albums a week so even the very good ones are muted by the sheer amount of music I need to get through...

what do you mean *must install soon*? It works with any music player!! You are running out of excuses my friend!

Re National - Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers - is the one I just got... didn't realize there was more than one early album. I'll check out the other ASAP and let ya know..
hey, love the new logo. much better. i dunno why i thought you had to install something....i'm listening to it right now!!weeee!!!

and yes, the national has 3 albums, weren't you the one to tell me that? the first one is selftitled, second is sad songs, third alligator....so sad songs sucks?? and i just told expletive to upload it....
__________________
Last.fm | Goodreads | Letterboxd
adidasss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
IndiElectronica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 657
Default

doesn't SUCK... just not anything special
__________________
Check out my Radio Station at:
http://www.indielectronicaonline.com
IndiElectronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 05:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
IndiElectronica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 657
Default

upload it? eh? where?
__________________
Check out my Radio Station at:
http://www.indielectronicaonline.com
IndiElectronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 06:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Croatian sensation
 
adidasss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,993
Default

yousendit or some other service....you downloaded that ok go album right? i posted the link in the thread after you asked...
__________________
Last.fm | Goodreads | Letterboxd
adidasss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
IndiElectronica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 657
Default

ach, aye! thought maybe you had some secret ftp or some such is all

http://www.megaupload.com i'm finding better these days FYI
__________________
Check out my Radio Station at:
http://www.indielectronicaonline.com
IndiElectronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
dontcareaboutyou
 
swim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,188
Default

For some reason I thought was about National the electronica band but, The National is wonderful. S/T is my favorite album and, IndiElectronica, your radio station is damn good.
__________________
http://nakednaps.bandcamp.com/
swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.