Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #71 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pornographie Nouveau View Post
Sunlandic Twins is boring.
Sacre bleu! It's got The party's crashing us for God's sake!
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #72 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

I've been meaning to check this band out for a while now, where's a good place to start?
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #73 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
I've been meaning to check this band out for a while now, where's a good place to start?
Depends what you want to get out of them, really. I'd suggest the best album for a non-fan to hear is Hissing Fauna. They have a lot more to offer than just that album, but it is certainly imo the most immediate.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #74 (permalink)
dac
MB's Biggest Fanboy
 
dac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts: 2,847
Default

Ok thanks, I'll check it out.
__________________

dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:45 PM   #75 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Skeletal Lamping is one of the most brilliant albums I've heard in a long time. I can't believe so many people bash it (thanks pitchfork) or don't even bother checking it out. From the moment it starts it grabs you and takes you on an ADD pop trip whirlwind, how can you hate An Eluardian Instance? Kevin Barnes is genius and this is definitely his best album to date.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #76 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Skeletal Lamping is one of the most brilliant albums I've heard in a long time. I can't believe so many people bash it (thanks pitchfork) or don't even bother checking it out. From the moment it starts it grabs you and takes you on an ADD pop trip whirlwind, how can you hate An Eluardian Instance? Kevin Barnes is genius and this is definitely his best album to date.
Yay, you're back!

I agree that this is very possibly the best thing to come out this year, and it gets better with each subsequent listen. I'm pretty much infuriated with the negative attitudes towards it! There's so much depth to it, so many unbelievable moments liberally scattered throughout, it saddens me that so many give it virtually no chance at all.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
Hip Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 305
Default

"YOU ONLY LIKE HIM CAUSE HE'S SEXUALLY APPEALING"
"I'M A MOTHA****IN HEADLINER, BITCH, BET YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT"
"I'M JUST A BLACK SHEMALE"
"I WANNA MAKE YOU *** 400 TIMES A DAY"

pretty much sums up Skeletal Lamping. It's cool though, ahaha.
Pornographie Nouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #78 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

I should get the new album. Hissing Fauna rarely get's a runout but when it does I hear something new every time.
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:54 PM   #79 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainard Jalen View Post
Yay, you're back!

I agree that this is very possibly the best thing to come out this year, and it gets better with each subsequent listen. I'm pretty much infuriated with the negative attitudes towards it! There's so much depth to it, so many unbelievable moments liberally scattered throughout, it saddens me that so many give it virtually no chance at all.
I agree, there's so much going on there it makes it difficult to digest. The production is stunning and the music is so dense it's impossible to really get it and review it fairly with only one day of listening. Yes I'm looking at you pitchfork.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #80 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
only_dancing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Skeletal Lamping is one of the most brilliant albums I've heard in a long time. I can't believe so many people bash it (thanks pitchfork) or don't even bother checking it out. From the moment it starts it grabs you and takes you on an ADD pop trip whirlwind, how can you hate An Eluardian Instance? Kevin Barnes is genius and this is definitely his best album to date.
I think people judge it after just one listen and then never give it a chance. It's an album that, for most people, probably needs a few listens before you can really appreciate it.
only_dancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.