Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Indie & Alternative
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2012, 08:09 AM   #11 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaticchaos View Post
What did you think of Edwin's solo album? "Hangten" was or is a decent track. The rest of the album was a massive yawn to me.
Good god it was bad. What disappointed me the most was that his backing band was apparently Glueleg (they put out 2 albums before this point but this was their end)



@Bastard - holy cow man that SnowJob video takes me back haha
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
One crazy motherf*cker
 
Automaticchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 103
Default

what about these 90s canadian artists/bands.

Holly McNarland
Treble Charger(I love their first two albums)
Big Wreck
Age Of Electric(Are they canadian?)
Econoline Crush
Finger Eleven(still think their early work is awesome)
Junkhouse
Limblifter
Moist
Rubber
Automaticchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Buzz Killjoy
 
BastardofYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default

I remember all those, minus Rubber.

Yeah, AOE is Canadian.

I also remember when Finger Eleven were the Rainbow Butt Monkeys
__________________
last.fm

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Buzz Killjoy
 
BastardofYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default

forgot when of the best in that list though:

__________________
last.fm

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
One crazy motherf*cker
 
Automaticchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
I remember all those, minus Rubber.

Yeah, AOE is Canadian.

I also remember when Finger Eleven were the Rainbow Butt Monkeys
They used to be called "Hairem Scarem". Not sure if that rings any bells. I liked the only single I've heard "Sunshine".
Automaticchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Buzz Killjoy
 
BastardofYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default

thinking of nostalgia, just found this cassette in a box i had stored away.

__________________
last.fm

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
One crazy motherf*cker
 
Automaticchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
thinking of nostalgia, just found this cassette in a box i had stored away.

Apparently, they are up to like Big Shiny Tunes 16 or something now. Damn I feel old.
Automaticchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #18 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaticchaos View Post
what about these 90s canadian artists/bands.
Holly McNarland - I found her boring.
Treble Charger(I love their first two albums) - Alright but I never checked out anything but their singles.
Big Wreck - Sober Soundgarden
Age Of Electric(Are they canadian?) - Yes, but I preferred Limblifter (side band started by one of the brother's)
Econoline Crush - Cheese techno-rock to the max.
Finger Eleven(still think their early work is awesome) - They were better when they still called themselves The Rainbow Butt Monkeys
Junkhouse - Awesome
Limblifter - See above
Moist - Just couldn't get into them, too wordy or something.
Rubber - no clue.

How about...

Pure
Sloan
King Cobb Steely
Grimskunk
The Headstones
SIANspheric

And... they're not obscure especially if you're north of the border but Tragically Hip, yay / nay?
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
One crazy motherf*cker
 
Automaticchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
Holly McNarland - I found her boring.
Treble Charger(I love their first two albums) - Alright but I never checked out anything but their singles.
Big Wreck - Sober Soundgarden
Age Of Electric(Are they canadian?) - Yes, but I preferred Limblifter (side band started by one of the brother's)
Econoline Crush - Cheese techno-rock to the max.
Finger Eleven(still think their early work is awesome) - They were better when they still called themselves The Rainbow Butt Monkeys
Junkhouse - Awesome
Limblifter - See above
Moist - Just couldn't get into them, too wordy or something.
Rubber - no clue.

How about...

Pure
Sloan
King Cobb Steely
Grimskunk
The Headstones
SIANspheric

And... they're not obscure especially if you're north of the border but Tragically Hip, yay / nay?
Pure- The only thing I remember about them is their single "Chocolate Bar"
Sloan- I always disliked Sloan.
King Cobb Steely- Never heard of them
Grimskunk- Never heard of them
The Headstones- Loved this band
SIANspheric- Never checkedd them out

I LOVE The Tragicaly Hip.

What about these
Matthew Good Band- Saw them live in like 1999 or 2000 and it was an awesome show.
Wide Mouth Mason- Always hated them, but they were pretty popular for awhile.
big sugar
bran van 3000
the gandharvas
Automaticchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Buzz Killjoy
 
BastardofYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,692
Default

King Cobb Steelie was not that bad,

Remember really liking this album:




full version of song:
__________________
last.fm

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.

Last edited by BastardofYoung; 03-29-2012 at 01:44 AM.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.