Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10
Default Newbie Here

Hi all,
I'm Victoria, 17 years old, from Montreal, and I'm studying to go to Med School. I like Chinese cuisine, snacking, snowboarding, listening to music and having a great time.

I've been lurking here a few weeks and have come to realize that this is a great site for discovering new artists in every genres, and so I thought it would be fun to join the community to discuss music and widen my library.

I've been playing guitar for about 4 years, and now I'm thinking of getting myself a mandolin (just because it sounds so cool on Led Zeppelin songs). My general music taste is fairly varied, I like progressive rock, blues rock and reggae in particular, but I'm open to pretty much any kind of music. I've even learned to appreciate Classical music in the past month, since that's all my brother ever plays in his car!

Well, looking forward to being amazed by all of you music junkies!

Cheers,
Vic
snacklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and confuzzled
 
Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,551
Default

Welcome, hope you stay.

Care to tell us what you have been listening to lately, any bands or albums or whatnot?
__________________
I have acquired four score and nineteen difficulties, but a wench cannot be counted among them


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'd rather my face reek of women's body parts than of comic book ink and dirty NES cartridges.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10
Default

I've been listening to Wu-Tang a lot. Kind of trying to get into Hip-hop, and so I consulted the Rap section of the forum and saw that they were a common favourite. So far, love 'em.

I recently saw Our Lady Peace in concert, so I've been listening to a bit of that too. But apart from that, it's been a compilation of Simon and Garfunkel, Led Zeppelin, The White Stripes, Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Nirvana, and all the stuff I usually listen to.

Oh, I forgot Bad Brains. I just downloaded their S/T album and I gotta say, it's pretty hardcore :P
snacklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 10
Default

I just noticed your avatar, it made me die! Arrested Development is one of my favourite shows!
snacklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Dazed and confuzzled
 
Akira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Posts: 1,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacklover View Post
I just noticed your avatar, it made me die! Arrested Development is one of my favourite shows!
You can stay
__________________
I have acquired four score and nineteen difficulties, but a wench cannot be counted among them


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
I'd rather my face reek of women's body parts than of comic book ink and dirty NES cartridges.
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
"Hermione-Lite"
 
Arya Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York.
Posts: 3,024
Default

Welcome to Music Banter!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
I'm down with Jesus, in that case.


MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,721
Default

You sound very open to new things, which you will find is very much respected around here.

Wecome!
__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better
 
NSW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Texas girl living in the UK
Posts: 2,577
Default

Blues rock?

Welcome aboard!
__________________
Hi.
NSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snacklover View Post
I've been listening to Wu-Tang a lot. Kind of trying to get into Hip-hop, and so I consulted the Rap section of the forum and saw that they were a common favourite. So far, love 'em.

I recently saw Our Lady Peace in concert, so I've been listening to a bit of that too. But apart from that, it's been a compilation of Simon and Garfunkel, Led Zeppelin, The White Stripes, Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Nirvana, and all the stuff I usually listen to.

Oh, I forgot Bad Brains. I just downloaded their S/T album and I gotta say, it's pretty hardcore :P
You and me... we'll get along just fine.

Welcome!
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Groupie
 
AL42228's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 36
Default

Welcome
__________________
Dj AL
AL42228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.