Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 AM   #23301 (permalink)
we are stardust
 
Astronomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
awesome so you got to wear it all day as opposed to just for an assembly or something along those lines.
Yep... got to wear it all day... much to my delight!
__________________
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 AM   #23302 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Wouldn't this constantly make you sad? I don't think I could do that have a pic of someone I cared about that passed staring at me everyday.

No, I remember 2 things

1. Dougie's life and all the times he had me laughing my fool head off

2. What took him from us.

I never want to forget either one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 AM   #23303 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronomer View Post
Yep... got to wear it all day... much to my delight!
I'm a completely jealous of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
No, I remember 2 things

1. Dougie's life and all the times he had me laughing my fool head off

2. What took him from us.

I never want to forget either one.
doesn't what took him from us make you angry though?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 AM   #23304 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
doesn't what took him from us make you angry though?


Yes but it also make me resolute and determined to oppose it in any way I can
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #23305 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post



My BFF Dougie from Mason, OH who was tragically taken from us in December of 2009

Documents: Unarmed man, Doug Boucher, shocked with Taser, hit by baton after he stopped moving - News Story
Thats sad. My condolences Paul.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #23306 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,723
Default

My GF's cousin lives down the street, and she takes care of her 98 year old mother, so I try to help out as much as I can, by doing all her yard work, fixing things around the house, etc., and I've even recorded a song for her in tribute to her aging mother when she passes (a bit morbid I know, but very smart none the less). Yesterday she invites us over for a drink, saying she has a late BDay present for my GF, and an early one for me. So, she gives the GF a bracelet, and tells me she'll be right back with my toy.

I was literally in shock!

__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:11 AM   #23307 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Just back from the VMA's. Wild night.

You gotta quit slummin' like that, dude.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #23308 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
My GF's cousin lives down the street, and she takes care of her 98 year old mother, so I try to help out as much as I can, by doing all her yard work, fixing things around the house, etc., and I've even recorded a song for her in tribute to her aging mother when she passes (a bit morbid I know, but very smart none the less). Yesterday she invites us over for a drink, saying she has a late BDay present for my GF, and an early one for me. So, she gives the GF a bracelet, and tells me she'll be right back with my toy.

I was literally in shock!

One of my dream instruments. You must have fainted or been very close to it!! Wow!
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #23309 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
One of my dream instruments. You must have fainted or been very close to it!! Wow!
After I started playing it, a bit of a tear welled up in my eye, and when I finished the first song that was ever played on it (it was fresh out of the box), I looked up, and GF and cousin were teary eyed right there with me.

It truly was a beautiful moment. I'm still kind of beside myself.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #23310 (permalink)
Psycho Hosebeast
 
CoolBec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southeast U.S.
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
My GF's cousin lives down the street, and she takes care of her 98 year old mother, so I try to help out as much as I can, by doing all her yard work, fixing things around the house, etc., and I've even recorded a song for her in tribute to her aging mother when she passes (a bit morbid I know, but very smart none the less). Yesterday she invites us over for a drink, saying she has a late BDay present for my GF, and an early one for me. So, she gives the GF a bracelet, and tells me she'll be right back with my toy.

I was literally in shock!

Nice axe! Is that a National?
__________________
CoolBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.