Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #33231 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Violet_ View Post
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #33232 (permalink)
Caesar is home.
 
Thelonious Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 849
Default

lol
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:26 PM   #33233 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Which is why I specified that they can't be from Hot Topic or Spencer's. Any other teeny bopper store should be assumed to be likewise illegitimate. Although that's kind of a fun trip that the world's foremost Satanic band has clothing in H&M... and Slayer probably signed off on that too... Well I can't be too mad. They probably aren't millionaires after all.

And mine came from a hole in the wall metal and punk record store run by a middle-aged OG with long, possibly unwashed hair who wears old, grungy band shirts with the sleeves crappily cut off. That was the first place I ever saw Songs About ****ing too. If I'd known that it was a legit record I would have picked it the **** up at 16, but you live and learn. The point is that I couldn't be more legit.
t
But the issue is, with so many of the Hot Topic ones around, how do you know if they're legit into the band? If I saw someone in a Maiden shirt I wouldn't feel compelled to strike up a conversation with them because chances are they've heard 1 or 2 albums, but if they're wearing a Bathory shirt? You bet I am.
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #33234 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
But the issue is, with so many of the Hot Topic ones around, how do you know if they're legit into the band? If I saw someone in a Maiden shirt I wouldn't feel compelled to strike up a conversation with them because chances are they've heard 1 or 2 albums, but if they're wearing a Bathory shirt? You bet I am.
I'd take a chance with a Slayer shirt. My dad has a pretty sweet one.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:35 PM   #33235 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Violet_ View Post
lol
You should start doing heroin.
Might end up being a writer.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #33236 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,678
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
But the issue is, with so many of the Hot Topic ones around, how do you know if they're legit into the band? If I saw someone in a Maiden shirt I wouldn't feel compelled to strike up a conversation with them because chances are they've heard 1 or 2 albums, but if they're wearing a Bathory shirt? You bet I am.
The more stylized the shirt the bigger chance that it's poseur.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:00 PM   #33237 (permalink)
OQB
 
Olí Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,754
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I'd take a chance with a Slayer shirt. My dad has a pretty sweet one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
The more stylized the shirt the bigger chance that it's poseur.
To be honest Slayer is probably an exception. I'd be more suspect of Megadeth, Metallica, and Maiden shirts. And let's not even get started on the Nirvana and Zeppelin shirts...
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Olí Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #33238 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
To be honest Slayer is probably an exception. I'd be more suspect of Megadeth, Metallica, and Maiden shirts. And let's not even get started on the Nirvana and Zeppelin shirts...
Yes.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #33239 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 37,678
Default

Don't remember seeing any Megadeth shirts, but I haven't stepped into a Hot Topic/Spencer's/whatever in years, so things might have changed. But yes on the others. So far as I know there is no way to be sure that someone didn't buy a Metallica shirt at a poseur store unless it's a legit tour t-shirt. And no one would care if it wasn't pre-Black Album anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Doug McClasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #33240 (permalink)
Caesar is home.
 
Thelonious Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 849
Default

Dude, I'm wearing a Metallica shirt right now, wtf. Can't believe you are the guys that just judge of a ****ing shirt. Just ask me about the band first before you assume.
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.