Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Introductions
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #5241 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
British countertops are fuckin' high.
They are 9FT high. British counters-probably the best counters in the world.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:06 AM   #5242 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
They are 9FT high. British counters-probably the best counters in the world.
liar, you guys don't even have feet, you must mean nine meters high. Little know fact, people in Great Britain are actually nearly 30 ft tall (just over 9 meters in UK speak). But only while on the Island, it's kind of like Lost, except without dentists and sandy beaches work seeing.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #5243 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
liar, you guys don't even have feet, you must mean nine meters high. Little know fact, people in Great Britain are actually nearly 30 ft tall (just over 9 meters in UK speak). But only while on the Island, it's kind of like Lost, except without dentists and sandy beaches work seeing.
What with all this 'meters' being UK speak shit ?

We invented imperial measurements and we're not getting rid of them just because the Frogs & the Krauts and the rest of Europe wants to go metric.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #5244 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Yup it's only feet and inches, pounds and stones for me. We stand defiant
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #5245 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,984
Default

Don't forget driving on the wrong side of the street...
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #5246 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

...and MPH not KPH.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #5247 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,449
Default

I don't have any pictures of me behind any counters.

Although I once was in a TV advert behind one.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #5248 (permalink)
Unrepentant Ass-Mod
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,920
Default

Imperial units get stupid after a while. Especially in engineering, it's a pain in the ass to deal with feet and slugs (not pounds) rather than meters and kilograms.
__________________
first.am
lucifer_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #5249 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
What with all this 'meters' being UK speak shit ?

We invented imperial measurements and we're not getting rid of them just because the Frogs & the Krauts and the rest of Europe wants to go metric.
I thought you'd all given in. Here in America we're too stupid to understand imperial or metric measurements.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #5250 (permalink)
we are stardust
 
Astronomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,863
Default

Metric FTW.

I will drive on the left side of the road and go in kilometers per hour.
__________________
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.