Enlighten me (country, metal, rock, albums, Radiohead) - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default Enlighten me

So I took the plunge today and bought an 80GB Microsoft Zune media player. I also bought a 120GB external harddrive that I am dedicating solely to music. There's no way that my music collection can fill 120GB (or even 80 for that matter), so here's my proposal.

I admit it, for those who have known me on here, I can sometimes have slightly sh*tty taste in music (I like it, but 3rd person perspective can be a b*tch sometimes). So with 80 gigs, I have plenty of room to explore pretty much any and all types of music.

I want to expand my musical peripheral, so please, "share" with me your "recommendations" (wink, wink) for some music that you think any music lover should have in their collection.

(And Ethan, yes, I'm willing to give Bright Eyes another shot, so have at those "recommendations").

I'd like to have some of everything on there. Classical, Rock, Ska, Rap, whatever. If you think it's good, please recommend it. Any and all recommendations are welcome
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lvl 70 Troll Hunter
 
tkpb938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny Phoenix
Posts: 482
Default

Well, what do you listen to now? (just as a reference point)
tkpb938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

A little bit of everything. Underground rap, rock, metal, screamo, some country, ska, nu-metal, adult contemporary.

Dont mind all that, just recommend anything that you think is good
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 09:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,605
Default

Get to my Fall thread & download my Fall starter kit

http://www.musicbanter.com/editors-p...ld-fall-2.html

You'll probably think they're sh*t but at least you'll be able to say they're sh*t with experience.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lvl 70 Troll Hunter
 
tkpb938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny Phoenix
Posts: 482
Default

Well, here are the artists I've been delving into recently:

Porcupine Tree
The Mars Volta
Against Me!
Cold War Kids
Blaqk Audio
Portugal. The Man (think this was Jackhammer's doing )
And of course if you don't listen to Tool... have at it.
tkpb938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkpb938 View Post
Well, here are the artists I've been delving into recently:

Porcupine Tree
The Mars Volta
Against Me!
Cold War Kids
Blaqk Audio
Portugal. The Man (think this was Jackhammer's doing )
And of course if you don't listen to Tool... have at it.
Thanks. Porcupine Tree, Cold War Kids, Blaqk Audo, and Portugal are new to me, I'll have to give them a listen. Any specific albums or songs that you would recommend from them?
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
isfckingdead
 
sleepy jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 18,967
Default

Bright Eyes "Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground"
Nick Drake "Bryter Layer"
Joy Division "Unknown Pleasures"
Radiohead "OK Computer"
The Cure "Disintegration"
The Smiths "The Queen is Dead"
Neutral Milk Hotel "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea"
Pixies "Doolittle"
Dinosaur Jr. "You're Living All Over Me"
Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks"
Elliott Smith "XO"
The Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulletin"
Morrissey "Viva Hate"
Okkervil River "Black Sheep Boy"
Linda Perhacs "Parallelograms"
Beck "Odelay"
Modest Mouse "The Lonesome Crowded West"
Belle and Sebastian "Dear Catastrophe Waitress"
Built To Spill "There's Nothing Wrong with Love"
Manic Street Preachers "The Holy Bible"
Magnetic Fields "69 Love Songs"
Daniel Johnston "Songs of Pain"
Vashti Bunyan "Just Another Diamond Day"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALLICA89 View Post
Ive seen you on muiltipul forums saying Metallica and slayer are the worst **** you kid go suck your **** while you listen to your ****ing emo **** I bet you do listen to emo music
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lvl 70 Troll Hunter
 
tkpb938's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny Phoenix
Posts: 482
Default

Err... I would upload some comp.'s for you, but I don't know what the rules are. Am I safe doin' that?
tkpb938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,814
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Bright Eyes "Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground"
Nick Drake "Bryter Layer"
Joy Division "Unknown Pleasures"
Radiohead "OK Computer"
The Cure "Disintegration"
The Smiths "The Queen is Dead"
Neutral Milk Hotel "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea"
Pixies "Doolittle"
Dinosaur Jr. "You're Living All Over Me"
Bob Dylan "Blood on the Tracks"
Elliott Smith "XO"
The Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulletin"
Morrissey "Viva Hate"
Okkervil River "Black Sheep Boy"
Linda Perhacs "Parallelograms"
Beck "Odelay"
Modest Mouse "The Lonesome Crowded West"
Belle and Sebastian "Dear Catastrophe Waitress"
Built To Spill "There's Nothing Wrong with Love"
Manic Street Preachers "The Holy Bible"
Magnetic Fields "69 Love Songs"
Daniel Johnston "Songs of Pain"
Vashti Bunyan "Just Another Diamond Day"
Why do I get the feeling you've been waiting to do this for years now? :O
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkpb938 View Post
Err... I would upload some comp.'s for you, but I don't know what the rules are. Am I safe doin' that?
they're fine , just no full albums
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.