Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Moper
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 504
Default Is Meat Really Murder?

Well, here's a thread that's fun for the whole family:
  • How many of you are vegetarians?
  • To what degree? (ie ovo-lacto, vegan...etc)
  • Is it just a matter of not enjoying meat, or do you feel there's a principle behind the whole thing?
There you go, discuss
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Melancholia Eternally
 
Mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Posts: 4,926
Default

(Insert Vegangelica's essay here )
__________________

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

I'm a former vegan, current ovo-vegetarian. I got lazy with what I ate when I was vegan, and ended up anemic, with these huge ugly bruises all over my body. That being said, it is totally possible to live healthy on a vegan diet, if you're not a lazy ass. I've been vegetarian most of my life though, because I think it is disgusting to eat, not just to mention the cruelty part.

Oh, and ovo vegetarians are ones that eat stuff with egg or eat eggs. I'm lactose intolerant.

I ****ing hate PETA though, I don't believe anyone should force their dietary beliefs on anyone else. I get a lot of flak for my vegetarianism just because of what they force on people, they make vegetarians and vegans look bad. Plus, they kill animals. I also really hate people who find it necessary to tell me "Oh, hey I ate a steak!". Hey, great! I don't give a ****! So really, I don't bother people who eat meat, as long as they don't bother me about NOT eating it.

Militants also bug the **** out of me, because no, mother****er I am not going to make my cat eat vegan/vegetarian cat food. He's a ****ing cat, he can eat whatever the hell he damn well pleases. I was called a bad vegan for this, irony of ironies.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

No. But the industrialized food system is a big, big problem. Eat meat from your local area and that greatly decreases the enviromental footprint - not to mention the animals are treated far better and honestly... they taste much better.

I don't find anything wrong with eating animals for sustinence, it's when the animals are born into this world and treated merely as product then living creature that I get involved.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
thirsty ears
 
noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder
Posts: 742
Default

oh jesus ****ing christ.

humans are omnivores. we breed chickens and cows and cute little furry little lambs so that we can slit their throats, chop up their dead bodies, and eat their toasted/roasted/broasted muscles. there is nothing objectively wrong with that.

anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.
__________________
my flac collection
noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noise View Post
oh jesus ****ing christ.

humans are omnivores. we breed chickens and cows and cute little furry little lambs so that we can slit their throats, chop up their dead bodies, and eat their toasted/roasted/broasted muscles. there is nothing objectively wrong with that.

anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
No. But the industrialized food system is a big, big problem. Eat meat from your local area and that greatly decreases the enviromental footprint - not to mention the animals are treated far better and honestly... they taste much better.

I don't find anything wrong with eating animals for sustinence, it's when the animals are born into this world and treated merely as product then living creature that I get involved.
I just quoted myself because I think I made a good response to that without knowing it
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

I've always felt that humans were definitely meant to eat meat, but I just prefer not to, because I think it's gross
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moper
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paloma View Post
I'm a former vegan, current ovo-vegetarian. I got lazy with what I ate when I was vegan, and ended up anemic, with these huge ugly bruises all over my body. That being said, it is totally possible to live healthy on a vegan diet, if you're not a lazy ass. I've been vegetarian most of my life though, because I think it is disgusting to eat, not just to mention the cruelty part.

Oh, and ovo vegetarians are ones that eat stuff with egg or eat eggs. I'm lactose intolerant.

I ****ing hate PETA though, I don't believe anyone should force their dietary beliefs on anyone else. I get a lot of flak for my vegetarianism just because of what they force on people, they make vegetarians and vegans look bad. Plus, they kill animals. I also really hate people who find it necessary to tell me "Oh, hey I ate a steak!". Hey, great! I don't give a ****! So really, I don't bother people who eat meat, as long as they don't bother me about NOT eating it.

Militants also bug the **** out of me, because no, mother****er I am not going to make my cat eat vegan/vegetarian cat food. He's a ****ing cat, he can eat whatever the hell he damn well pleases. I was called a bad vegan for this, irony of ironies.
Exactly, people who shove vegetarianism down others' throats really tend to annoy me. And i believe that meat, as fur, is sometimes necessary for survival. If we consider Yakutsk, for example, those people definitely need fur, or else they'll freeze to death.
I respect you immensely for choosing not to eat meat and not being self-righteous. Also, you were called a "bad vegan"? Is there some kind of union you join when you decide you wont eat from specific food groups?...
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
thirsty ears
 
noise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Boulder
Posts: 742
Default

how long have humans been eating meat - 50,000 years? 100,000 years?

homo spaiens emerged 200,000 years ago. homo neanderthalensis, even earlier.

who are we to deviate because from this behavior because we feel it's "gross" or "wrong"?

personally, i'm inclined to go with the time-honored trends...
__________________
my flac collection
noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

hahhaha, VEGAN POLICE!

Yeah, I won't feed my animals vegan food. They like their food, it would be animal cruelty to deprive them of food they like.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.