Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the war in Iraq?
Yes 6 13.64%
No 38 86.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2005, 06:07 AM   #71 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
I'd say any war that involves the US, as of now each and every country in the world has interests in the matter. So...no.
i meant we are not involved....
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 06:13 AM   #72 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Because the US sat around and waited for the UN to give clearance. Honestly, the US gives the UN...what, like 75% of the money. So when we ask for UN backing on something and they don't give it, or sit on their ass about it, it doesn't go over to well. That's why the US just said no sir and decided to get things under way. And as of countries against it....well, most people have a strong idea why countries such as Russia were so strong against the war..
that's why i'm saying that the UN needs to be dismanteled, why hold up the pretence that you are making joint decisions when that's not happening, the UN should become a humanitarian organisation aimed at helping the poor, doing something about the AIDS situation in africa and help countries that have gone through a catastrophy like the tsunami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo

NATO was created as a defensive mechanism to communism and the Warsaw Pact. Neither of those are a threat anymore, which makes NATO not needed.
you don't think we need an organisation that will be ready to act in situations such as coos in west africa and darfur in sudan? and kosovo?you're right , we should just let america solve everything her own way.....
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 06:15 AM   #73 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
US = not UN

the UN is not binding. Nor should one nation decided on a national platform based on the wills of other nations.


I think it's wonderful how people point out all the things we aren't doing right now (as in action in other countries). Because if we were doing them than they would scream at us for being imperialist.
you ARE being imperialistic ( or imperial )
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 09:30 AM   #74 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
riseagainstrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 3,319
Default

^ i see no colonies. Nor any exploitation of nation resources. Nor America supplanting the fledgeling Iraqi government.
__________________
One note timeless, came out of nowhere...
riseagainstrocks is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #75 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
that's why i'm saying that the UN needs to be dismanteled, why hold up the pretence that you are making joint decisions when that's not happening, the UN should become a humanitarian organisation aimed at helping the poor, doing something about the AIDS situation in africa and help countries that have gone through a catastrophy like the tsunami....


you don't think we need an organisation that will be ready to act in situations such as coos in west africa and darfur in sudan? and kosovo?you're right , we should just let america solve everything her own way.....
NATO has surpassed its purpose. As I said, it was created as a defense mechanism against the WARSAW pact. As of now, most of the countries that were a part of the Warsaw pact have joined NATO. There's no point to it.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #76 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
i meant we are not involved....
That doesn't mean that the war does not effect you.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #77 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
look, the fact remains, regardless of Iraqs actions in the past, when they invaded Kuwait and launched misles(sp?) at Israel, that now, they did absolutely nothing to nobody and still got invaded under a pretence that they have weapons of mass destruction, you're being very clever at avoiding THAT fact, that THAT was the main reason for the invasion and it turned out that Iraq had NO weapons of mass destruction, sure, they own biological weapons that are illegal but why hasn't anyone intervened when they used them in the war against Iran? and the US want to war because of a thread to it's safety? i haven't heard that Iraq owns weapons that can reach the US...there was no imediate threat and the war was pointless....
The main reason of the war was to take Hussein out of power. That's first off. And yes, there was a threat. Just because they didn't have the weapons to reach the US doesn't mean they weren't trying to get their hands on it.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #78 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
you don't think we need an organisation that will be ready to act in situations such as coos in west africa and darfur in sudan? and kosovo?you're right , we should just let america solve everything her own way.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
NATO has surpassed its purpose. As I said, it was created as a defense mechanism against the WARSAW pact. As of now, most of the countries that were a part of the Warsaw pact have joined NATO. There's no point to it.
this is FUN!! lets go a couple more rounds.....( you say one thing i say a completely different thing...)
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 02:17 PM   #79 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks
^ i see no colonies. Nor any exploitation of nation resources. Nor America supplanting the fledgeling Iraqi government.
imperialisam has evolved since the 19th century....no explotation of national resources? ermmm.......how about american oil companies?
adidasss is offline  
Old 08-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #80 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
That doesn't mean that the war does not effect you.
i would say it doesn't, it directly affects the countries that have been involved in it ( spain, brittain, USA, italy....)
adidasss is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.