Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

My retirement plan:

Cabana Boy by day, lounge lizard by night, on some caribbean island. Probably Bermuda.


Bermuda |Welcome to Bermuda | CARIBBEANTRAVEL.COM - YouTube
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
My retirement plan:

Cabana Boy by day, lounge lizard by night, on some caribbean island. Probably Bermuda.


Bermuda |Welcome to Bermuda | CARIBBEANTRAVEL.COM - YouTube



I'd prefer mine to be a little more out of the way (especially since a small house over there is probably about as much as a mansion where I live), but Bermuda is also not in the tropics, and hence, no tropical heat. I love the idea of a tropical island, but I'm fat and I sweat like a beer bottle. Are you actually serious BTW, or just kinda joking? Cause I was honestly serious with mine.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

I am quite serious. It's been my dream for a long time now. I've never been anywhere even remotely tropical, except for the California coast when I was a teenager. Even my daughter has been to Hawaii with her grandmother while I stayed back home since I had to work.

I'm a sun and water kind of person, but I'm landlocked. Lake Michigan is hardly a replacement for blue waters, white sands, and palm trees.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I am quite serious. It's been my dream for a long time now. I've never been anywhere even remotely tropical, except for the California coast when I was a teenager. Even my daughter has been to Hawaii with her grandmother while I stayed back home since I had to work.

I'm a sun and water kind of person, but I'm landlocked. Lake Michigan is hardly a replacement for blue waters, white sands, and palm trees.
We should go in on a house so we can spend as much money as possible on booze and surf boards. Not to mention two can find a way to scam rich, dumb vacationers out of their hard-earned money far better than one.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,318
Default

My dream is to impact someone with my music, that's all I really care about for now. A nice piece of property in Northern California wouldn't be bad though.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
We should go in on a house so we can spend as much money as possible on booze and surf boards.
I do have a friend that has a house in Jamaica. It's pretty much just a mud hut built by some of the locals for him since he spends 1/3 of every year there, but from the stories he tells me, it can be a bit dangerous over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Not to mention two can find a way to scam rich, dumb vacationers out of their hard-earned money far better than one.
This comes to mind:


Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - trailer - YouTube

Yeah, I could do that, but I'd sleep on my back everynight for fear of you getting drunk. We all know what happens when the Batlord gets his drunk on.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,896
Default

For what it's worth, I was Googling about finding a way to live on a tropical island without actually doing much of anything, and I found this.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
For what it's worth, I was Googling about finding a way to live on a tropical island without actually doing much of anything, and I found this.
Well, thats one mans aproach. I plan on getting a steady gig playing Wes Montgomery type stuff during the evening hours, and spend my days serving rich old ladies. Hopefully I won't have to take one for the team too often.


Cabana Chat with Dixie Wetsworth - Dance of the Pool Boy (MADtv) - YouTube
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #19 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Well, thats one mans aproach. I plan on getting a steady gig playing Wes Montgomery type stuff during the evening hours, and spend my days serving rich old ladies. Hopefully I won't have to take one for the team too often.
What the hell does a cabana boy even do? You know, besides dance half-naked for creepy SNL cougars.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
What the hell does a cabana boy even do? You know, besides dance half-naked for creepy SNL cougars.
It sounds like something I could get into:

Cabana boy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.