Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #1641 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
That feel when you get trolled by a 40 year old avant-garde collective of anonymous musicians. I really should know better...
Did you meet up with rostasi or something?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 PM   #1642 (permalink)
An Butthole
 
Sequoioideae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Someone's Backyard
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Did you meet up with rostasi or something?
The Residents posted a photo of 4 old men without masks grouped together. It got me an a few others going for a minute.
__________________
Funnel From Another Lover

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 PM   #1643 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,912
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequoioideae View Post
The Residents posted a photo of 4 old men without masks grouped together. It got me an a few others going for a minute.
Why is there masklessness noteworthy? Don't most people take pictures without masks?
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:49 PM   #1644 (permalink)
An Butthole
 
Sequoioideae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Someone's Backyard
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Why is there masklessness noteworthy? Don't most people take pictures without masks?
They have never publicly shown themselves without masks as The Residents, and they have never publicly acknowledged who they are. The fan base is pretty sure who they are though, but still... the day they are unmasked is the day I **** myself.
__________________
Funnel From Another Lover

God Is My Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansa Stark View Post
"check yr fucking posable limbs privilege you ****s"
Sequoioideae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:26 AM   #1645 (permalink)
cooler commie than elph
 
Isbjørn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In a hole, help
Posts: 2,633
Default

Tfw you and a female friend take a manliness quiz and she scores higher than you

And tfw the banana you're about to eat vaguely smells like hand sanitizer

Ffs
Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #1646 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

That feeling when you warned a customer repeatedly that their design was not going to work in a mass production setting but they wouldn't listen to you. And your bosses were too blinded by potential revenue to stop development and force the customer to listen.

Customer has received the first production qtys. and guess what? They are rejecting them because of the exact thing I warned them about.

And now I have to try and clean up the mess.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 11:17 AM   #1647 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
That feeling when you warned a customer repeatedly that their design was not going to work in a mass production setting but they wouldn't listen to you. And your bosses were too blinded by potential revenue to stop development and force the customer to listen.

Customer has received the first production qtys. and guess what? They are rejecting them because of the exact thing I warned them about.

And now I have to try and clean up the mess.
Tfw you look for a new job.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #1648 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,324
Default

TFW you flick on the radio and hear "Brain Damage/Eclipse" in its entirety. God, I forgot how haunting those tracks were.

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon…
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 08:07 PM   #1649 (permalink)
Maelian
 
ladyislingering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
TFW you flick on the radio and hear "Brain Damage/Eclipse" in its entirety. God, I forgot how haunting those tracks were.

I'll see you on the dark side of the moon…
it sounds totally cliche, but that portion of DSOTM touched me a bit more deeply than the other tracks (including "Time", which still makes me cry almost every time I hear it).
__________________
You and I,
We were born to die.
ladyislingering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #1650 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
it sounds totally cliche, but that portion of DSOTM touched me a bit more deeply than the other tracks (including "Time", which still makes me cry almost every time I hear it).
Oh, definitely. When an album/track is talked about so much, we tend to forget how good it is. I've actually had to put on a sweater after listening to Dark Side because of the chills.
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.