Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 06:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

This article isn't very well written and seems poorly thought out. His comments about EDM make it sound like he thinks it's something new, which makes him seem as clueless as the people he's railing against. His two comments about "edge" somewhat contradict each other. And his comment about politics is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 4,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COR7Nature View Post
The responses to this thread up until now are wonderful!

I thank every responder for their respective input(s) stemming from their obvious display of intellect. Nothing is more satisfying than wanting to prove your knowledge via input response, driven by your conformist ideals and influences--camouflaged in mediocre hipster imitation, right-wing or third-party acting but liberal living all the whilst masquerading as a unique character. Accomplishing the mountain that is the grain of salt you seek. Solidifying the fact a high percentage of human beings live with a 2x4 plywood up they're anus. Congrats!

Oh and GuitarBizarre, I'm glad you got offended. Cheers!


If anyone has anything up their (not they're) anus, it's Mr. Lefsetz. He seems to be suffering from a severe case of Cranial-Rectal Insertion Syndrome.

Physicians worried about increased rectal head-stuffing
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Welcome to the new mb. A haven for straight white depressive snowflakes playacting as anarchists.


She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Groupie
 
COR7Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Los Angeles x Worldwide
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I liked 20 and 21 i agree with those.

the rest of the article is not bad i found it pretty amusing but it's also kinda arrogant.
it divides and labels ppl into little simplified groups with a detached perspective as if he is above them simply because he sees the pattern they're following.

But even with that is not a bad article, idk why ppl here are giving you so much sh*t about it.
IDK either BlackFrancis, to be honest with you.

Maybe its the FACT that 85% of this forum, and people outside of this discussion-community in society are all white-sheep, bland, followers, on-the-surface, no character having, mediocre and average at best. The normal ones who get complacent in their ways, think with ego and emotion and get easily bothered and annoyed when something is different. Low level of intellect, low level of talent, theyre critics not creators.
COR7Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COR7Nature View Post
IDK either BlackFrancis, to be honest with you.

Maybe its the FACT that 85% of this forum, and people outside of this discussion-community in society are all white-sheep, bland, followers, on-the-surface, no character having, mediocre and average at best. The normal ones who get complacent in their ways, think with ego and emotion and get easily bothered and annoyed when something is different. Low level of intellect, low level of talent, theyre critics not creators.
You mean like the author of the article?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Groupie
 
COR7Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Los Angeles x Worldwide
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You mean like the author of the article?
No, he actually possess all of those qualities in essence, to a certain degree. Frankly, much higher than the people I meant to direct that to, people like you.


COR7Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COR7Nature View Post
No, he actually possess all of those qualities in essence, to a certain degree. Frankly, much higher than the people I meant to direct that to, people like you.


So he's not a critic?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COR7Nature View Post
No, he actually possess all of those qualities in essence, to a certain degree. Frankly, much higher than the people I meant to direct that to, people like you.


Admittedly, I somehow missed that you were quoting him, not putting forward your own views, but you're aware he was fired from his mid-level music industry job and has never put his name on a single high-charting record? His career was nonexistent until he went online and started pretending to know what he was talking about for the benefit of other baby-boomers who want to believe they're counterculture and not simply part of the problem.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Groupie
 
COR7Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Los Angeles x Worldwide
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So he's not a critic?
He is to a certain extent, same with me to a certain extent, same with everyone to their extent, but relaying off what I said earlier, he possesses other qualities to a certain degree because by him being critical he elevates his views to a higher level by getting inspired to write about it thus creating another entry to add to his creation - his website filled with stuff he created - posts. The talent is not his writing style, but the fact he doesn't truly care if people love him or hate his guts. Its rare to have that quality due to most ppl wanting to be liked by everyone. Especially in this interactive social media age where everything is shared and exposed. To have guts is a talent. If someone were to say this man is dumber than dirt, then that'd be true arrogance because you don't stay relevant for what's almost going on 15 years if you don't know what you're doing.
COR7Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:47 AM   #19 (permalink)
Groupie
 
COR7Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Los Angeles x Worldwide
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Admittedly, I somehow missed that you were quoting him, not putting forward your own views, but you're aware he was fired from his mid-level music industry job and has never put his name on a single high-charting record? His career was nonexistent until he went online and started pretending to know what he was talking about for the benefit of other baby-boomers who want to believe they're counterculture and not simply part of the problem.
All good, just a misreading or misunderstanding, no worries.

I am actually aware of those facts. Where I differ is that I truly think he doesn't pretend. I honestly believe he 1000% goes full force behind what he says. I'd even go to the extent to say as he types up his blog posts, he has a good feeling of what reaction he'll get before he hits publish. I think he felt this way during the process since when he went online in 2000. I don't glorify or idolize the man. I disagree with a lot of his points but agree with a lot too. I respect him cause he has guts, but I wouldn't bend over backwards for the guy or compare him to JFK.

In any event, I didn't think this thread would go more than one page. It started discussion though where anyone can voice an opinion, and that's all that matters to me.
COR7Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COR7Nature View Post
He is to a certain extent, same with me to a certain extent, same with everyone to their extent, but relaying off what I said earlier, he possesses other qualities to a certain degree because by him being critical he elevates his views to a higher level by getting inspired to write about it thus creating another entry to add to his creation - his website filled with stuff he created - posts. The talent is not his writing style, but the fact he doesn't truly care if people love him or hate his guts. Its rare to have that quality due to most ppl wanting to be liked by everyone. Especially in this interactive social media age where everything is shared and exposed. To have guts is a talent. If someone were to say this man is dumber than dirt, then that'd be true arrogance because you don't stay relevant for what's almost going on 15 years if you don't know what you're doing.
I mean his job title is "critic".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.