Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2014, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default A reason why people remain religious

People who think they are special and such apply that perception to life itself and conclude that life itself must also be something special and meant for them. For example, someone who thinks "I am a very helpful and caring special person" might then conclude that this life must then be something special as well and offers a special "higher" reward for who they are as a person (a God and an afterlife). They are not willing to either accept that this is not the case and no longer complain about it, or they still insist on believing that there is a God and an afterlife anyway. I feel that the reason such people believe in such things anyway despite much scientific evidence is because they are just too much of a human being (someone great and special) to, again, possibly stoop so low as to believe or accept otherwise.

Edit: There are innocent people here just living their own fantasy world not harming others or causing wars and we should just leave these people alone and never tell them the truth of reality as long as they are happy with their fantasies. We should encourage their fantasies to make them even more happy. If your attitude is that we should convince these people otherwise because the more people we have who realize the facts of reality, the more progress we have in science and such, then what if they never wanted to be that way and being that way makes them disappointed and depressed? Not to mention, some people don't even care about science and supporting it--they are just fine living their own innocent happy lives. Therefore, it's not worth it at all to tell them the truth of reality just for the possible sake of getting a more few people here and there to support science when the fact is that science is already being well supported by many people.

Final Edit: Many people think that those who live in a fantasy world are somehow weak or useless to society, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. I am using my “living in a fantasy world” mindset to compose music. Composing music is something that greatly contributes to society (even pieces of music that have fantasy-like emotion to them since even these types of music are honored by many people whether it just be instrumental or even with lyrics and such). The mindset that I wish to live in a fantasy world is very important to me because I use that in composing music that has beautiful fantasy-like emotion to it and such and I do not want anything in reality to interfere with it. Although there are people who do use inspiration from reality and use that to compose music, I am not this type of person at all. I can use my inspiration from fantasy to achieve greatness and success in life just as good (if not better) than those people who do with inspiration from reality. Therefore, this right here says that my personal delusions of grandeur through fantasy will not have negative consequences and are just as good (if not better) than reality itself. Instead, I will be someone great and perhaps very successful in life through being a composer.

Last edited by MattMVS7; 08-18-2014 at 03:40 PM.
MattMVS7 is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mmmbop, da ba duba
 
Tristesse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: the basement
Posts: 332
Default

What the **** are you on about
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
And I actually am taking out a restraining order for you Batlord.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Another one for the collection.
Tristesse is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
defiler of restrooms
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 41,142
Default

I'm a whiner, bitcher, and most certainly a moaner that I am not immortal, and I can assure you, I am not particularly happy.

/endthread
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7 View Post
I feel that the reason such people believe in such things
You're aware there are decades if not centuries of research into the propagation and maintenence of religious belief systems, and that none of it is as simple as you're making out?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

MMaaaatt, welcome back to a new thread that virtually says the same thing as the old one....

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Also, it is a scientific fact that who you are is your brain and all of your thoughts and emotions. Therefore, if you have the thoughts and feelings that you are all great and special, then it is a scientific fact that this makes you all great and special.

Last edited by MattMVS7; 08-16-2014 at 01:24 PM.
MattMVS7 is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7 View Post
Also, it is a scientific fact that who you are is your brain and all of your thoughts and emotions. Therefore, if you have the thoughts and feelings that you are all great and special, then it is a scientific fact that this makes you all great and special.


Nailed it. you really brought it home with this one. how did i ever doubt you?

i still don't know if you are trolling us or if you really believe this sh*t for real.
it's like you're so enlightened you've become delusional and can't even smell your own bullsh*t by now.
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post


Nailed it. you really brought it home with this one. how did i ever doubt you?

i still don't know if you are trolling us or if you really believe this sh*t for real.
it's like you're so enlightened you've become delusional and can't even smell your own bullsh*t by now.
When it comes to something such as you thinking that you are some alien from another planet, then that would obviously be false. But when it comes to things such as personal opinions about yourself and such, then it would be a scientific fact that whatever personal opinion you have about yourself that cannot be scientifically proven false, then that personal opinion holds true for you and makes you that person.
MattMVS7 is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7 View Post
When it comes to something such as you thinking that you are some alien from another planet, then that would obviously be false. But when it comes to things such as personal opinions about yourself and such, then it would be a scientific fact that whatever personal opinion you have about yourself that cannot be scientifically proven false, then that personal opinion holds true for you and makes you that person.
I believe I'm the king of Australia.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 08-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7 View Post
Also, it is a scientific fact that who you are is your brain and all of your thoughts and emotions. Therefore, if you have the thoughts and feelings that you are all great and special, then it is a scientific fact that this makes you all great and special.
I don't disagree (entirely, it's still more opinion than fact but I can understand where you are coming from), I use a different word: Confidence. I think your are trying to make something convoluted and philosophical out of something that just isn't.

You are all great and special but only to you, so by definition/fact of what the other words mean you are wrong.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.