Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2015, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default How does your garden grow?

Do you have one? If not, does your neighbour? If you live in an apartment, what are the grounds like? Do you have a lawn, a yard, a patio? Do you spend time in it or let it go to jungle? Post pictures and comments if you want.
Here's mine.
Used to be much bigger and more ugly really till we got the extension built for Karen, whereupon naturally most of the garden was used up. Here's what's left.

Yes, I know I have to cut the grass down. I will soon. Honestly...

This is the view from the back door

And along the side. The wall you see is of course her extension bedroom

Fun fact: the shed you see at the bottom of the garden was recently found to be infested with about 150 mice! Well, it hadn't been opened for about ten years or more. It's cleaned out now though. The white door across the bottom was there to stop the cats from investigating the mice and getting near the poison. I just haven't found anywhere else to put it yet.

We used to have a rickety wooden fence here, which thanks to my half-ass-job-doing brother was not secured in the ground and used to wave like a sail in the wind, fell down a few times.

View from my bedroom
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,435
Default

I've got a bird bath, the birds don't visit as much any more because of the cat but there is one fat pigeon that constantly splashes the water around and scares the doves and tits away, fat twat.

Seriously this pigeon is massive.

Probably post pics of the garden when I can be bothered.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
I've got a bird bath, the birds don't visit as much any more because of the cat but there is one fat pigeon that constantly splashes the water around and scares the doves and tits away, fat twat.

Seriously this pigeon is massive.

Probably post pics of the garden when I can be bothered.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

We have a nice patio adjacent to the golf course complete with a killer lemon tree. I'd plant herbs but I think the dogs would just end up eating them.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

Ive planted some pot in the window box my neighbour uses for her tomatoes.
Hopefully shes none the wiser. This was about two weeks ago....Well see.

Other than that its Palm trees yet there is always a lawn crew there 6 out of 7 days.Couldnt tell you what they do...Except wake me up on my mornings off.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,010
Default

Any inept leaf blowers? We have them by the dozens out here.
__________________
General Rules:
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, trolling, purposeless inflammatory posts or members deliberately provoking another member into committing any of these acts. - Mods exempt.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
fiddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 242
Default

My garden consists of a couple of plants on the counter, a rose that can barely manage two blooms at once, and a potted clover.

My snake plant:
Spoiler for pic:


The clover:
Spoiler for pic:


Rose:
Spoiler for pic:


And random plants on the counter:
Spoiler for pic:

The plant you see on the right here (the one being held up by the sticks) used to be this:
Spoiler for pic:

Which then turned into just a long stalk I had to trim off because it kept breaking.

Edit: Massive pics so I wrapped them in spoiler tags

Last edited by fiddler; 05-18-2015 at 05:55 PM.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,324
Default

I used to have a Venus Flytrap. Sadly, it is no more.
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

You are a venus fly trap.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Boku Dracula-kun
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Spoiler for WTF?:
Do you have one? If not, does your neighbour? If you live in an apartment, what are the grounds like? Do you have a lawn, a yard, a patio? Do you spend time in it or let it go to jungle? Post pictures and comments if you want.
Here's mine.
Used to be much bigger and more ugly really till we got the extension built for Karen, whereupon naturally most of the garden was used up. Here's what's left.

Yes, I know I have to cut the grass down. I will soon. Honestly...

This is the view from the back door

And along the side. The wall you see is of course her extension bedroom

Fun fact: the shed you see at the bottom of the garden was recently found to be infested with about 150 mice! Well, it hadn't been opened for about ten years or more. It's cleaned out now though. The white door across the bottom was there to stop the cats from investigating the mice and getting near the poison. I just haven't found anywhere else to put it yet.

We used to have a rickety wooden fence here, which thanks to my half-ass-job-doing brother was not secured in the ground and used to wave like a sail in the wind, fell down a few times.

View from my bedroom
Shouldn't a post in a thread about gardens (that you created in the first place) show pics of actual gardens? All I see is a strip of untended weeds.

If I had a real camera, I'd post pics of my yard. My mom is bit of a gardening freak, and so our front yard is actually kind of impressive, especially now that it's Spring. The very front and one spot in the middle, is lined with crapemyrtle trees, and for about a week in the Spring or Summer or whenever, our front yard just has this vibrant curtain of bright pink that makes all the other yards around us look like ****. I'm not a flower lover by any means, but even I think it looks beautiful at that time of year.

Our backyard is less maintained, largely because we've always had large dogs with access to it that have kind of made gardening almost impossible. There's a strip of garden around part of the backyard that's protected by wire fencing, but that's mostly small trees and high bushes for privacy's sake.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.