Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #231 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Yall are hung up on what ISPs COULD do which they COULD do prior when nobody really worried about it, but never considered if they WOULD. Point being, I doubt any of you even knew these laws existed prior to this sudden hysteria. So obviously it's no where near as dire as people make it out to be. Plus, have they not been speed capping the internet this whole time? Sure seems like it.
^ The bolded bit is surely nonsense; there's no "obviously" about it. Imagine if you were talking about the safety of milk, for instance:-

" I doubt any of you even knew these [milk safety] laws existed prior to this sudden hysteria. So obviously it's no where near as dire as people make it out to be [to have milk safety deregulated]."
Do you see how the second sentence is not an obvious consequence of the first sentence?
__________________
Did you ever hear of having more than you wanted? So that you couldn’t want anything else and then started looking for something else to want? It seems like we’re always searching for something to satisfy us, and never finding it. - Susan Eloise Hinton, 1967
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #232 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ The bolded bit is surely nonsense; there's no "obviously" about it. Imagine if you were talking about the safety of milk, for instance:-

" I doubt any of you even knew these [milk safety] laws existed prior to this sudden hysteria. So obviously it's no where near as dire as people make it out to be [to have milk safety deregulated]."
Do you see how the second sentence is not an obvious consequence of the first sentence?
No, it's the fact that there was not a big enough difference made for people to notice.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #233 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
John Oliver ran a segment on this and he makes funny faces and stuff so it'll keep your attention
So basically you had no clue until John Oliver made funny faces for you, very telling.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:06 PM   #234 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
A friend of mine is quite incensed by this issue, and recently sent me this Twitter-user's summary, which might answer your question, Lucem:-

Finally answers.

Edit: Now the only problem is how reliable this is, you literally can't take anything at face value. I'll put faith in it though, because I hate putting work into researching ****.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:10 PM   #235 (permalink)
Suicidal Geek
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
So basically you had no clue until John Oliver made funny faces for you, very telling.
was for your reference not mine

as you say above you "hate putting work into researching ****"
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:15 PM   #236 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
was for your reference not mine

as you say above you "hate putting work into researching ****"
But, like, you couldn't name anything. You just told me to look up John Oliver. So obviously you don't know, you didn't learn, you just know John Oliver talked about it as you were apparently more distracted by the funny faces that made more of an impression on you.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #237 (permalink)
Suicidal Geek
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
was for your reference not mine

as you say above you "hate putting work into researching ****"
.
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #238 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
But, like, you couldn't name anything.
I know points go over your head a lot. I'm sorry.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 06:25 PM   #239 (permalink)
Suicidal Geek
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,330
Default

weird assumption to draw from me trying to give you less dry info.
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:49 PM   #240 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
weird assumption to draw from me trying to give you less dry info.
I like my info dry, you don't gotta lube it up before you put it in. It's more honest that way.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.